US to Drop COVID Testing for Incoming International Air Travelers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[Excerpt]
WASHINGTON, June 10 (Reuters) - The Biden administration will drop pre-departure COVID-19 international air testing requirements effective Sunday at 12:01 a.m. after heavy lobbying from airlines and the travel industry, a senior administration official told Reuters.

The Biden administration will announce on Friday that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will no longer require pre-departure COVID-19 testing for travelers coming to the United States after it determined based on the science and data that this requirement is no longer necessary. CDC will do a reassessment of this decision in 90 days, the official said.

Since December, the CDC has required travelers to test negative within one day before flights to the United States but does not require testing for land border crossings.

Clearly there are those that think a mitigation measure is useless unless it is 100% effective.
I suggest to those folks, be careful trusting your dive computer...it is not 100% effective in preventing DCS.

Clearly there are those that think a mitigation measure is useless unless it is 100% effective.
I suggest to those folks, be careful trusting your dive computer...it is not 100% effective in preventing DCS.
Apples and oranges - I believe the point is that, if they were serious about preventing spread, the return antigen test should have been before boarding, not a day in advance. Regardless, this is great news!

I liked knowing that everyone on the plane had a negative test the day before. Hate to see this end. Now anyone can fly home sick.

Back
Top Bottom