Use the Force...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underwater Ogre

Contributor
Reaction score
A long time ago in a bay far, far away...:crafty:

I started diving on the "Darkside" a few years. That being said I haven't tried anything new for quite some time...so the story begins.
A very good friend of mine left his Turtles at my place while he is cruising the Carib. I decided to try them out. He loves them and wouldn't have anything else.
So I grab them thinking...wow...these are heavy. But a lot of people swear by them, just like I swear by my Pros...so I have to be respectful and give them a fair shot. With that in mind, I hit the water on a shore dive. I put them on, even with the rubber strap there weren't too much harder then the bungies on my Pros. I rolled on to my face and started to swim out...."someone is hanging on to my fins!! :confused:I cant move them. A few harder kicks and...now I am moving. These are heavy...and take a hell of a lot of energy.
After a 58 minute dive, I definitely knew I had them on. I did figure out how they scull and flutter, they frog kick pretty good if you want a "thigh master workout" while diving.

In conclusion, the only way you will get me to give up my Force Fins is to pry them from my feet....but you will have to catch me first!!:eyebrow:

May the Force be with you,

U/O:crafty:

I agree 100% I have used many types of fins and after discovering Force Fins I just can't dive any others. I have used them all over the world to include Underwater Ogre's Island and they really work well for me. I have a new pair heading my way and am looking forward to trying them out.
Uncle Avi
Force Fin Tester # 1

Underwater Orge,
Thank you for your post. I have been in your situation. "well, might as well try them" as a Force Fin user I think it becomes painfully clear- pun intended-
I always say ,"They can't compete with us because they can not feel us". Thanks being open minded and giving them a try. Your open mind is most likely what got you to try Force Fins in the first place, thanks for becoming a member of the dark side and knowing the truth!
The Truth About Dive Fins
YouTube - The Flying Force Fin and the HMCS Yukon
May the Force Fin always be with you!

I still have my Dad's original Aqualung Rockets that he gave me when I started snorkeling as a kid. They are beat and only fit my size 12 E with barefeet. I keep them for sentimental value. I won a free pair of OMS Slipstreams and thouht how much lighter they were than my Rockets. It had been a while since I used anything else other than my Pro's so I decided to give them a try. I don't have the words to describe just how distracting it was to have those fins on my feet. After about 30 minutes I returned to the dock and put my pros back on. What a difference. I have tried them a few times more in the pool but it just does not compare. I find myself feeling sorry for everyone out there who has not found out about force fins.

Mark D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom