Use your CO analyzers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angry Turtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would really recommend that you use your CO analyzers if you are diving Nitrox in Cozumel right now.

Our group found several tanks in the 7-10 ppm this morning. We skipped the afternoon dives because there's no extra tanks available (at least to our operator).

dive safe :)

Let's rephrase that to:

I would really recommend that you use your CO analyzers if you are diving. <----PERIOD

Thanks for the reminder, the heads up. Glad all turned out well.

I second that, but, aren't all the fills on the island from the same place?
No. I think there are two different fill operations plus a few dive shops that have their own compressors. Aldora is one that does their own fills. I don't recall the names of the others.

Hi all,

I would really recommend that you use your CO analyzers if you are diving Nitrox in Cozumel right now.

Our group found several tanks in the 7-10 ppm this morning. We skipped the afternoon dives because there's no extra tanks available (at least to our operator).

dive safe :)
Given that only a tiny fraction of divers test their tanks for CO, yet no one actually seems to get harmed by CO levels in their air, it's obviously either just an amazing coincidence that you found CO in your tanks, or they've got dead divers secretly buried around the island in order to cover up the obvious epidemic. I vote for the latter, they probably hide the bodies in the cenotes.

Given that only a tiny fraction of divers test their tanks for CO, yet no one actually seems to get harmed by CO levels in their air, it's obviously either just an amazing coincidence that you found CO in your tanks, or they've got dead divers secretly buried around the island in order to cover up the obvious epidemic. I vote for the latter, they probably hide the bodies in the cenotes.

Seriously? :huh:

How about the cave diver that died on Coz a couple of years back?

People probably breathe CO all of the time and just don't realize it. They probably assume their headache is from the sun or fatigue, etc. CO poisoning is a combination of exposure time and partial pressure, maybe the shallow profiles here help keep more people alive. We've dove 11 tanks on the island this week and all tested 0ppm, until today. All of the tanks that had CO in them were nitrox tanks that were filled on 03/05 (they are labeled) at Meridiano 87. It is my understanding from asking around that they are the only source of nitrox on the island. We did find 4ppm in an air tank when we were diving the cenotes on Sunday, so CO is out there, not just on Cozumel.

yeah, that's probably it...I think I saw one or two in dos ojos

---------- Post added March 6th, 2013 at 05:21 PM ----------

Let's rephrase that to:

I would really recommend that you use your CO analyzers if you are diving. <----PERIOD

Thanks for the reminder, the heads up. Glad all turned out well.

Shirley you are right, I just figured it was more pertinent to post right away about it happening in the Cozumel section as it probably is happening to others.

In three years of testing my tanks from cave country to the Florida keys, to Bonaire I had not read anything above 1ppm ever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom