Using A Long Hose Isn't Just For Tech Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
I dive a 6' hose for single tanks, and it works great. routes under the can light, gives me just enough room to move my head side to side, but keeps the long hose close across my abdomen. i think a 5' hose would be too short to route under the can light without impeding movement, and a 7' hose would probably flop a bit. 5'10", 200 lbs, YMMV.

7' works perfectly for me. I can't imagine using anything shorter. 5'6 ish

RiverRat:
We need to start a group for "rec" divers that dive "tech" gear and like to promote safe, clean diving. I suppose that's what DIR is all about really, except they cover all the bases from DIR-F up to full cave.
limeyx:
um, wouldn't that be the "DIR" forum ? :)

Not necessarily ... a diver may be diving a TransPlate rig, or using a bungeed wing, for example. Those are not "DIR", and don't belong in the DIR forum. But that doesn't necessarily mean the diver isn't promoting safe, clean diving. They're just DID ... or DICE ... or whatever.

We do have the Hogarthian forum, however, where "rec" divers can discuss diving in "tech" gear without the restrictions imposed by the DIR system.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Not necessarily ... a diver may be diving a TransPlate rig, or using a bungeed wing, for example. Those are not "DIR", and don't belong in the DIR forum. But that doesn't necessarily mean the diver isn't promoting safe, clean diving. They're just DID ... or DICE ... or whatever.

We do have the Hogarthian forum, however, where "rec" divers can discuss diving in "tech" gear without the restrictions imposed by the DIR system.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hummmm.... I guess I'm Hogarthian then :06: At least for now. I did just put on a 7' hose and a shorter octo and HP hose. Whatever, let's just dive....

Back
Top Bottom