Using WAL on 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapauly

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok here's what some will probably think is a silly question. If I'm now going to be using my Inon WAL on the 5050 housing, that will now allow me to get closer to the subject so with the aid of the strobe, there'll be more light. With Macro, from playing with the kit on the surface I can see great improvements again with getting closer to the subject.
Here's my point or question. Why would I NOT shoot now with the WAL? I mean, so far from using the 5050 'as is' I've noticed nothing but shortcomings with the amount of light by using the internal strobe and also the general 'width' of the standard lens.
If, as I've said, the WAL gives me an increase in field of vision and light (via the strobe) surely I'd use it all the time?
Any comments would be welcome.

Scubapauly

For smaller fish, you can use the WAL but to fill the frame you have to be so close that you'll spook the fish. Save the WAL for open water scenes, coral reef scenes, big fish and, of course, divers! Take it off for the intermediate stuff.

Thanks for the reply, so many things to think about lol

Back
Top Bottom