USS ARTHUR W. RADFORD sinking date announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.C.Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Salisbury MD USA Summers; Wandering Florida Winter
# of dives
It was announced today that the scheduled sinking date for the Radford will be 07/12 or 13 in case of bad weather. While general dates have been announced before, a specific date less than 3 weeks away leads me to believe that it's finally going to happen.

After the sinking there will be a few days of surveying etc. So it's likely that it may be a week before it's open to the general public. There may need to be some post sinking work done on the site by the company doing the cleaning and sinking. So please be patient and wait for them to finish their work before diving the site.

I will be helping with the surveying and sinking, and will post information regarding additional work and completion (open to the general public) asap.

There are a few dates on my site for trips to the Radford. Also if there is interest in group trips, I have a number of open dates available.

For information on the Radford, this is a pretty good site:

USS Arthur W. Radford (DD 968)

Ted

How deep will the wreck be and where will it be located?

How deep will the wreck be and where will it be located?
Top 70', Bottom 130'. Location is approximately 28 +/- miles East of Lews DE, 33 miles NE of Ocean City MD, 35 miles SE of Cape May NJ.

Ted

Having served on a similar hull, I cannot wait to dive on her. Thanks, I hope there is good video and pics on the 13th or 14th

Hi everyone, I've been asked to post this update on the USS Arthur W. Radford sinking for Erik Zlokovitz, Maryland's artificial reef coordinator for the MDDNR. Erik says that divers can contact him if they have any specific questions or need more info.

“I am Erik Zlokovitz, the artificial reef coordinator for MDDNR. I would like to remind everyone that the Radford sinking date mentioned is dependent on regulatory approval and weather conditions. I would like to request that no hard dates for the Radford sinking be posted until official authorization from EPA and USCG is confirmed. The public affairs office from DNREC will put out an official press release when the operation is approved. If you have any questions, please contact me at: ezlokovitz@dnr.state.md.us”

Hi everyone, I've been asked to post this update on the USS Arthur W. Radford sinking for Erik Zlokovitz, Maryland's artificial reef coordinator for the MDDNR. Erik says that divers can contact him if they have any specific questions or need more info.

“I am Erik Zlokovitz, the artificial reef coordinator for MDDNR. I would like to remind everyone that the Radford sinking date mentioned is dependent on regulatory approval and weather conditions. I would like to request that no hard dates for the Radford sinking be posted until official authorization from EPA and USCG is confirmed. The public affairs office from DNREC will put out an official press release when the operation is approved. If you have any questions, please contact me at: ezlokovitz@dnr.state.md.us”

Long boat ride from anywhere to reach it. Will there be mooring balls?

Definetly looks a like a nice "wrecK" to dive. I wish they would have left more of the structure on to keep it looking like a complete full vessel but I guess do to it being to high would maybe risk damaging other boats/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom