USS Mohawk Trip Attempt for July 9th 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdombrowski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to drive interest to make a six-pack day dive trip to the USS Mohawk happen on Wed July 9th. We would go on Fantasea Scuba's "El Gavilan" out of Placida FL at 7am and be back by 3pm. Two tank dive, $125 ea. Here is a prior trip report I wrote when I went out with them last summer:
Trip Report on diving USS Mohawk aboard El Gavilan | USS Mohawk

It's a Wednesday, so we will likely have the Mohawk to ourselves. We need six people to make it happen and less than two weeks away. I'm just driving interest to make it a go, not reselling or anything like that. I just want to dive it that week. The trip needs to be booked directly through Fantasea Scuba.

Msg me if you have serious interest. If I don't respond until Monday 6/30, it's because I'm going to be out in the Dry Tortugas.

Thanks,
Brian D.
SubsurfaceMedia.com

I dove the Mohawk from El Gavilan last year (Aug 24) as well. Fantastic dive with lots of Goliath grouper. It was a sunny Saturday with calm seas. There was only one other boat out, and it was a flat bottom john boat if you can believe it. A bird landed on El Gavilan at the dive site and rode the boat all the way in to the dock.

Unfortunately for me, I can't go that day.

Those deck chairs really are comfortable. I fell asleep in one on the way back. Fortunate, because it's a 2 hour ride.

Best of luck to you in getting a group!

My husband and I will be in Bonita Springs that weekend for a conference. We would be in for 2. I don't think we can swing Wed 9th, but we might be able to do Thursday 10th or Sunday 12th. PM me if you change days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom