USS Vandenberg Dive Profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brett0

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Im going to be diving the Vandenberg this December and am looking for a Dive Profile/Map. Can anyone give me detailed depths corresponding to mooring lines? Im sure the dive operator will have this info but I would like to get an overview of this wreck and its features. Thanks for your help.

I don't have the map handy, but generally as follows:

MB#1, tied in at the bull nose at 90 feet, deck at 95 feet.
MB#2 not installed
MB#3 on stack behind bridge, 60 feet
MB#4 on superstructure, 70 feet
MB#5 on after mast 50 feet
MB#6 on stern deck bitts, 95 feet.

The weather deck is at 95 feet the length of the ship. The second deck (or bulkhead deck) is at about 110 feet. The anchor chains are at 130 or so feet leading down to the sand, and the sand is at 157 feet. Going up, the balloon hanger is on the sterncastle at about 60 feet, between MB#6 and MB#5. Forward of MB#5 is the aft dish at about 75 feet. Forward of MB#4 is the other dish at about 65 feet. The top of the bridge is at about 50 feet.

Your dive shop will have one of those underwater slates with the self-guided tour on it. Have a blast.

Sweet! Thanks for the run down! Im very excited about this dive even more so now! I dont suppose you have any opinions of dive shops out of Key Largo as I will be dive out of there a few days before Key West. I will be diving with Subtropic divers out of Key West cause a friend was DM for them when the Vandenberg was scuttled.
Thanks for any info.

If you want to know how to "really" dive the vandenburg, goto you tube and search "defending the vandenburg" anything less than that is unacceptable! lol
Eric

Check out the Vandy's website USS Vandenberg
Also Art to Media has some good laminated maps Product Catalog

I have some of the local Key Largo sites in stock. Let me know if you have any questions about Key Largo or need help with reservations.

Have a blast! The Vandy is one of my fav's.:D

Subtropic enjoys a fine reputation. I haven't been out with them, but I have my own boat.

Subtropic is great! Went out on to the Vandy with them in 2009!

Key Largo has some great OP's as well...Conch Republic & Blue Water are two I've used with great success, but there are others as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom