Uterine Ablation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giggi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone around here had uterine ablation? If so, just how painful was it and were the results what you expected?

PM me if you're not comfortable talking about it in here.

Thank you both for your assistance as well as your candor. I appreciate it!

P.S. I have to keep telling myself it's "endometrial ablation" -- the doc who first suggested it called it "uterine ablation" so I'm stuck in that mindset... nothing terrible. I don't suppose the procedure will get upset with me for constantly getting its name wrong.

Incidentally, there are several different methods used for this procedure.....I had the NovaSure. It requires no difficult doses of hormones for months prior to the surgery. I would research the various methods and see which appeals to you. www.novasure.com can help you find a doctor that does this if you decide to go that route.

WOW, that looks a lot better than the "rollerball" my doc suggested... am planning on doing something this summer (after big trip). Is this done in the office or in same-day surgery? And all this is pretty new... wonder how long *internal* scar tissue contraindicates diving, if at all?

hlcdlc:
Yes, 3 months ago. Best thing I ever did....no pain or discomfort whatsoever.

There is a discussion forum on ezboards if you want a lot of detailed information.

http://p076.ezboard.com/bendometrialablationboard

There is more info there than you could ever want, or feel free to PM me!

Blasted firewall at work... grrrrrrrr

Giggi:
Has anyone around here had uterine ablation? If so, just how painful was it and were the results what you expected?

PM me if you're not comfortable talking about it in here.
I had thermal ablation. I'm not sure if it was the same thing. It was VERY painful. worse than childbirth!!!!....but well worth it.

Thermal, rollerball, and novasure are all just different methods of the same thing, all destroy the lining of the uterus (hope no guys are reading! lol).

I had this done at the end of January and did 20 dives the last week of March. Ask your doctor what he/she recommends.

scuba41girl:
I had thermal ablation. I'm not sure if it was the same thing. It was VERY painful. worse than childbirth!!!!....but well worth it.

I am about 99% sure that my ablation was the "thermal" ablation... with the balloon. Yeah... I'd definitely compare the pain to labor! The first day was the worst... the 2nd and 3rd days felt like I was kicked in the gut... really achy... maybe a few cramps, but NOT NEARLY as bad as the 1st day.

The results are definitely worth it though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom