Uterine Ablation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No way am I doing thermal. The rollerball is supposed to be outpatient surgery and same-day go-home. However, I've sen a foum (elsewhere) where users complained about that supposedly less-invasive procedure, too. YMMV, sure.

uwslate:
No way am I doing thermal. The rollerball is supposed to be outpatient surgery and same-day go-home. However, I've sen a foum (elsewhere) where users complained about that supposedly less-invasive procedure, too. YMMV, sure.

The thermal was also outpatient surgery. It's a balloon filled with super hot water that burns off the uterine lining. They put the balloon into the uterus, fill it with the water, and leave it there for a time period, then drain the water and pull the balloon back out. Of course, you're asleep for all of it.

Of course, I had the ablation 6 years ago, and there have been newer methods (rollerball and laser) come out since I had mine. :wink:

I am glad I'm not a woman! Three years overdue for my prostate check, have you ever had that done?

fisherdvm:
I am glad I'm not a woman! Three years overdue for my prostate check, have you ever had that done?

Now, Fisher, you should know that men *can* do self-exams for that! :11doh: :wink:

But... this is the women's forum! :D LOL

fisherdvm:

Fisher... take a break from SB and go make your appointment.

I got uterine + ovarian ablation last summer. External incision, so I have a scar of 17 cm now. Painful yes, but I never needed more than Paracetamol ( in perfusion at the beginning) to be able to bear it.

In my case, except for the first 3 days, most pain was due ti the muscles and skin incision.
My operation was on 6th July, on 11th August I was at least allowed to take baths (in the bathroom or in the sea, equivalent). But my muscles refused to swim (except on the back). Beginning of October all was OK. The scar stayed red and a little bit ichy for a long time (still improving today), but nothing really unpleasant.

I have not regretted it one minute.

Hello scuba41girl,

Your post is very interesting.My wife always fell like that what can you advise for her.She wanted to go for novasure but i dont think so.I think should bring him first to the obgyn doctors.

I work in the OR as a surgical scrub. have been a part of literally hundreds of novasures through the years. as a procedure it is no longer considered "new".

all the methods mentioned here are considered some type of "thermal ablation". roller ball is just the doctor going in and under direct visual with a hysteroscope ablating the lining one stroke at a time with a ball shaped electrocautery. novasure just does that same thing but without direct visual and generally in one fell swoop.

I had the novasure done in office, and it was unsuccessful. My periods are actually worse.:shakehead:
I had very little discomfort post procedure.
I have the option of having it done again, but I won't do it.:no: I will have the hysterectomy thank you.
However, I find that most patients are very happy with the results.

Back
Top Bottom