Utila: The Backpacker Diver Trail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cross Creek is run by the same folks as UDC

Seriously? How did that happen? They were always rivals. Ron built his "paradise in the creek", and with Dave's restaurant there, it was doing very well. I used to rent a house just a few yards from their office. Glad to hear Dave is still making good food.

Referring to Underwater Vision as the "backpacker dive shop" made me laugh. Would not be at all surprised if Jernigan ignores the prices. He's not gonna take any cr*p from anyone and the mayor is his son :wink:

I did my DM course at UDC in 1996, when I think it was not even a registered PADI dive center, just rather groovy with lots of hammocks. My how things have changed! The owners seem to have stayed a step ahead of the other dive shops.

Simon,

Although a bit off topic, I am curious as to whether your cable TV includes ABC? We spend the new year on Utila and are looking for a place to catch the new years day american college football games.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes, but not all the bars have ABC. Believe me, I know.

Thats a darn good question... maybe I can throw this open to others on Utila who actually watch television!!! Andy, Neil, Gr8tful... cummon guys, do we get ABC here??
I know we are watching ESPN 1 and 2 for the World Cup.
If no one knows I will sit and plough through the channels for you 0770.
Regards
Simon

Thanks Simon. I look forward to saying hello next time we are there. We can't get halfway down mainstreet because people are so friendly and we stay out on the blue bayou pending construction of our place on Jack Neil. Only time we tend to make it down your way is for RJ nights. Perhaps you'll let us buy you a steak the next time we are there.

Hi there,
yes, I realised yesterday that I was watching the world cup on abc! Guess we have it then!
Stop on by CC anytime, am a veggie though so maybe a few beers in lieu of a steak!
See you!
Simon

Beers it is. See you over new years. Thanks Simon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom