Uwatec Gauge Scam on Ebay.. Be careful out there..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
There is a guy on ebay selling, what is listed as, the newer 330m bottom timer with the average depth function but has a picture of the older timer. The listing clearly states all the functions and make it clear that unit is the new style. what he is really selling is the old / standard model bottom timers.

if you buy this thing, Ebay will not help you because he states in the listing that he has not tested it and he makes no claims that the unit will fit you needs..

Be sure you know what your looking for and ask questions before buying. If you don't get the exact answer to your questions, DON'T BUY the Item..

here is the listing.

Uwatec Digital Diver Depth Gauge 330m Imperial Scubapro - eBay (item 280615277648 end time Jan-18-11 17:31:29 PST)

Maybe he didn't know the specs...and just googled for that model. If he didn't realise that there was a newer version, then he'd unknowingly cut and paste the specs that described the new version. Not necessarily a deliberate 'scam'.

As you say... always do your own research and back that up with any questions you have. When buying from Ebay (where I got a lot of scuba kit), I will make a point of asking a few questions, just to get an indication of how reliable the seller is.

What is the difference between the two models? I am interested in one of these but am a little confused. Also, are they either metric or imperial, or can the user set the unit of measurement?

Guy

The old one will only do 100m the new one does 330m deep. Also the new one displays live average depth. These ones appear to be imperial, they cant be switched between imp and metric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom