Uwatec smart pro battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, it's possible to overfill the computer. If it's completely filled with oil, and then you push the rubber back all the way in along the lip, it will stretch out / deform a bit. Especially on these old computers, the rubber is less elastic and somewhat stretched already. That in itself would not be a problem, but if you then screw the tight-fitting hard plastic back cover over it, it could push the rubber in and create some pressure higher than ambient.

I did that myself the first time when I filled it with oil. I vaguely remember that either the device threw an error when I tried to turn it on, or the indication was way off. In any case I had to let some oil out and assemble it again.
you do understand that you and I are not able to compress oil? Oil (like water) does not compress in human terms.

we can screw up and trap some air inside. not much else can happen.

I agree with you 100% that oil and other fluids are not really compressible, i.e. don't change their volume with pressure. But if you put it in a container, and squeeze the container, you will change the oil's internal pressure. That's how the computer works when we dive, anyway.

I was able to squeeze the computer's rubber back (with the cover off), and increase the displayed depth by half a meter or so. But I needed to squeeze REALLY hard. :)

{...}

I did that myself the first time when I filled it with oil. I vaguely remember that either the device threw an error when I tried to turn it on, or the indication was way off. In any case I had to let some oil out and assemble it again.
As I told you and told you DeDragonSlayer - too much oil in the "compressed" housing . Try to open and declarase a little oil. And write us what effect after test.

hey there.
I tried to change the battery in my smart pro.
It is revision of the board D.
I unsolder the old battery, picked up the first pin on the chip, solder new battery.
"wrench" icon appears on screen
but i can't jumper raised pin to the ground or negative - nothing happens.
tell me what to do, pls?
p.s. i've tried solder\unsolder new battery twice

Firstly - pin is up ? OK
Secondly - this pin connect to +Bat
Next - short quick battery (You mean - pulse). Still first pin IC touch to +Bat.
Wait , do You hear a beep ?
If yes , disconnect IC leg from +Bat. Done.

Sebastian Racięcki;7378817:
Firstly - pin is up ? OK
check, ok
Secondly - this pin connect to +Bat
check, ok
Next - short quick battery (You mean - pulse). Still first pin IC touch to +Bat.
check, ok
Wait , do You hear a beep ?
no beep :(
How long should I wait for the signal?
should i ground IC pin?

I got myself got a second had Uwatec Smart Pro and just my luck it is a Revision D.

I guess it must be possible to reset one without de-soldering that IC pin as Uwatec Scubapro would not want that hassle during a battery change and I can see no sign of the IR interface being active after the battery change.

I have also noted that after applying power, it takes seven seconds for the spanner symbol to come on, perhaps something has to be done in this seven second window?

Anyway, getting old and did not think my soldering iron was up to de-soldering that pin so I thought I would try and cut the PCB track feeding the pin.

And yes, that also works and as soon as I touched the pin with a lead from my meter the Uwatec went "Beep"

As reported, the temperature is flashing and at present when you wake it up the spanner symbol comes on with it thinking it has 94% battery.

I was also surprised it still retained its dive history and the fact the depth alarm was set at 100M rather than the default of 40M

I used DeDragonSlayer's utility to set it to 99% battery and will now wait to make sure the spanner and temperature displays correct before putting it back together.

Thanks to everyone for doing the research and at least with all current Uwatec / Scubapro models that you can just now swap the battery yourself.

Not the best quality image I'm afraid showing the cut
IMG_0570-CROP_zpsdyluwv9r.jpg

Here you go: DeDragonSlayer's Uwatec Smart Battery Reset Tool (USBRT)

This is a very sloppy programming hack, tested only with my two dive computers (Smart Pro and Smart Z). Seems to work on both WinXP and WIN7 64bit. It *should* work with the rest of the Uwatec Smart line and other Windows versions.
Needs Irda of course, so if you can get SmartTrack communicating with your dive computer, then this app should work too. However, YMMV. It looks like the indicated battery percentage does slowly decrease after resetting it with USBRT, so I guess the program works.

I'm not really a developer, the last time I did some serious programming was back in college, so I'm not planning any future versions. What you see is what you get and it's free. The program itself is pretty much self explanatory. Run the app, click Connect to read some info, click Set Battery to 99%, and that's it.

Remember that this does not substitute proper device calibration that is probably done when the battery is replaced by ScubaPro.

Have fun![/QUOTE]

"I tried the tool, but I could´nt get connected via Irda. I can get connected with SmarTrack Sofware. I am using PC with Win XP.
If I try to connect the Smart Z with USBRT it just says that it cannot get connected.
What is wrong? Please, I need some help."

@Orcawal - I don't know what the problem might be. I tested USBRT using two different IRDAs: built into Thinkpad T41, and a SigmaTel-based USB one. No problems there. USBRT uses standard Windows IRDa sockets. "Connection Error" from UBRT is a generic socket error. Maybe the computer moved a little? Maybe driver re-installation would help? If it works with SmartTrak, it should work with USBRT, period.

@Orcawal - I don't know what the problem might be. I tested USBRT using two different IRDAs: built into Thinkpad T41, and a SigmaTel-based USB one. No problems there. USBRT uses standard Windows IRDa sockets. "Connection Error" from UBRT is a generic socket error. Maybe the computer moved a little? Maybe driver re-installation would help? If it works with SmartTrak, it should work with USBRT, period.

Thanks DeDragonSlayer - you are awesome! I will PM :) Any chance you could add a button allowing the sending of date and time please?

I had issues getting the IRDA and Uwatec connected but through persistence it connected. On a clean build of XP I used the following:

• Windows Installer 3.1
  • C++
  • Windows Imaging Control
  • .Netframework 4
  • IRDA Drivers
  • USBRT

The dive computer needs to be put into "logbook mode" for connection to work through either SmartTrak or USBRT :)

Was the program written in .Net?

Cheers!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom