Uwatec smart pro battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know how to get rid of this E6 error code after replaced the battery? It won’t go away after the reset. I used to get the service wrench only and reset without a problem, this E6 code shows yesterday and never go away. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 4097FA34-F348-47C0-ACC2-1AEC9F3ACB8A.jpeg
    4097FA34-F348-47C0-ACC2-1AEC9F3ACB8A.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 56
Does anyone know how to get rid of this E6 error code after replaced the battery? It won’t go away after the reset. I used to get the service wrench only and reset without a problem, this E6 code shows yesterday and never go away. Thank you in advance.
Look at post #38 in this thread.

The E6 condition is likely caused by an unclean powerup during the connection of the battery.

Look at post #38 in this thread.

The E6 condition is likely caused by an unclean powerup during the connection of the battery.
Thank you ThatDogDontHunt.
It was the battery terminals problem. I cleaned the terminals and the pads with alcohol then it showed the wrench symbol!

Hi guys
I've restored 4 uwatec smart pro D version with this sequence :
1) lift the pin and solder a wire on it as already mentioned
2) Solder a 4.7K resistor on the other end of the wire
3) Solder the resistor on the pin where the battery positive will be connected (not on the battery)
4) Solder the battery in place starting from the positive terminal and then solder the negative terminal
5) at this point connect the negative pole of the battery to the soldering point between the resistor and the wire as I explained before
6) the computer will beep
7) desolder the resistor and connect the wire to the grounded pad
8) now turn on the computer using the usual contacts, the temperature appears flashing, let it turn off and don't touch it for 1 day
9) the next time you turn it on the temperature will have stopped flashing and everything will be working perfectly.
This system worked on 4 computers, and I believe that the failures I experienced before , were due to the fact (I suppose) that if you connect the battery without forcing the processor pin to the high level state in some cases the ground contact works in others no
I hope this experience helps you
we will talk soon
bye

Anyone have a spare "V" shaped plastic retainer bracket that will work with a Scubapro Smart Tec or Smart Pro...I'm in need

Good evening everyone,
I have been frequenting this forum as a reader for a long time and I always read many interesting solutions.
In my life I have replaced about ten batteries of Aladin Pro, Smart Z etc. and I've never had any problems.
Last month I purchased a used Uwatec Smart Z on which I found a defect in the rubber cap that closes.
During the immersion of the computer in paraffin I used a small plastic tool to insert the external edge but I already noticed that it did not fit and seemed wider than its insertion site.
After extracting and drying it I tried to close it out of the paraffin and slowly inserted it.
Unfortunately the strong pressure has created some small damage to the rubber of the external edge which I am trying to repair with neoprene glue.
I looked online for a spare part but it doesn't seem to be available.
I hope to receive your advice otherwise I will have to throw it in the garbage.

Attachments

• 1a31d01e-926e-425f-8824-f23c9f4b7409.jpg
    1a31d01e-926e-425f-8824-f23c9f4b7409.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 37
Hello, here in Germany Scubapro still has a few used spare parts. Perhaps Scubapro Italy also has such used parts. You can write to Scubapro Italy, maybe you will be lucky. Or you can look on eBay for defective Uwatec computers. This way you can get spare parts yourself

Unfortunately the strong pressure has created some small damage to the rubber of the external edge which I am trying to repair with neoprene glue.

The neoprene glue doesn't work ?
I'm not sure that's a right glue, you can choose a PVC liquid for repair buoyancy. rubber dinghy or so on

Hi Teddy, I cannot get rid of the E6 code even I clean the battery terminals many times. What is the "pads"? Thanks!

Which manufacturer is the battery from? I only use SAFT batteries because there were problems with other manufacturers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom