Uwatech. Good or bad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like mine. The new Uwatec's (Tec & prime) has alarms that can be turned off. I wish they would upgrade the smartcoms too. A novice diver might like them but after a while they are a pain.

It is downloadable to almost any IR device such as a palm or pocket pc. The software is free too.

howarde:
The only other feature that I don't like is the lack of the safety stop countdown. My wife's AtmosII has the 3:00 countdown, which is nice, but not required, since I wear a watch also.
You have to spring for the SmartTEC to get an air integrated UWATEC with a safety stop counter.

I have the smartcom myself. I find it very easy to navigate and I've never had to read the instructions, something I couldn't say about the cobra I just got rid of. The software is awesome.

The battery probably won't need replacing. It isn't free batteries for life, it's a battery that is supposed to last forever. So far we haven't had any come into the shop with a dead battery.

Al Mialkovsky:
The battery probably won't need replacing. It isn't free batteries for life, it's a battery that is supposed to last forever. So far we haven't had any come into the shop with a dead battery.
Uh, nope.
It is free lifetime battery replacement. And, yes, they die. That little number with the % sign at the top right when you turn the console on is the amount of battery remaining.
http://www.scubapro.com/products/comps/sm_com_console/sm_com_console.asp

Thanks everybody for the great posts. I finally got the computer, after UPS lost it in transit :06: . I'm impressed with the condition, no scratches and the remaining battery is still at 95%. I'm a little dissapointed in the manual that came with it. It don't give a lot of information; so now I'm off to buy a infrared device that I can hook to my labtop so I can change the settings and alarms if need be. If anyone out there would like to help me with understanding the settings, I'd appreciate it. It can be confusing for a newbie.

Its fun and easy man! The single contact on the bottom is common. You have to have a wet finger on this at any given time in conjunction with one of the other three up top. Those three in order from left to right are decrease, increase and enter. Everything is very logical. Swiss minds.
I have had a Smart Com for two years now. In fact, I just bought a back up, so now I have two. I got 612 dives out of my first battery. I sent it back for repowering and they sent me a brand new computer.
The alarms are there for a reason. As you get better at diving it will get quieter. I think that my Smart Com has made me a much better diver, and I thought that I was pretty darned good when I got it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom