V-Weight for a SS plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dry_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I am looking for a v weight for my BP. If you have one that you would like to sell please let me know. I am looking for a 10lb or more weight.

Thanks

Dan

Hello,

I am looking for a v weight for my BP. If you have one that you would like to sell please let me know. I am looking for a 10lb or more weight.

Thanks

Dan

"V" weights are generally used with tanks, doubles specifically, the are fitted in the "V" formed by the two cylinders.

"P" weights fit inside the center channel of a back plate. These are typically brand specific as the shape of plates differ from brand to brand. Often the plate itself can be used as a mold to pour your own.

Tobin

"V" weights are generally used with tanks, doubles specifically, the are fitted in the "V" formed by the two cylinders.

Tobin

Thank you for the response. I do know that I am looking for a "V" weight. I am diving a Halcyon BP/W with doubled up HP100's and need a little more weight than I want to carry on a belt. I would really like to stay away from weight pockets on the rig so I "think" that my only other option would be a weight on the plate. Either a "V" or "P" weight. Ideally I would like to find a 10+ lbs "V" weight. Does any one have one they would like to sell?

Thanks

Dan

Thank you for the response. I do know that I am looking for a "V" weight. I am diving a Halcyon BP/W with doubled up HP100's and need a little more weight than I want to carry on a belt. I would really like to stay away from weight pockets on the rig so I "think" that my only other option would be a weight on the plate. Either a "V" or "P" weight. Ideally I would like to find a 10+ lbs "V" weight. Does any one have one they would like to sell?

Thanks

Dan

If you need to add ballast to a set of doubles you can simply place soft weight pouches between the wing and the back plate. Depending on the geometry of the plate and the diameter of the tanks you can get 4-8 lbs jammed in there.

It's cheap (if you already own the weight pouches) and easy to adjust.

You may find however that V weights or the above approach puts too much ballast high on your body for proper trim.

Good luck,

Tobin

I have a 7 lbs V weight that fits between the bands for doubles. If your interested send a PM and I'll shoot a picture back to you.

You could try making one yourself: vweight2
I bought an 11lb V-weight that I use for cold water diving with my double Al 80's. I made a 6 lb P-weight. I wear 14 lbs around my waist. It works perfectly fine for me.

I have a 7 lbs V weight that fits between the bands for doubles. If your interested send a PM and I'll shoot a picture back to you.

Thank you for the offer but I am looking for something in the 12-15lbs range.

pm me if your deal falls through, a buddy of mine has one.... i can get he and you in touch.
but i would like to know what rig your using it for ... i know you said halcyon but double 80s? (or what)

I would be interested, do you know what size the weight is?

The rig I am diving is configured the as follows...

It is an Evolution 60lbs wing, SS plate w/Cinch system, 2 1/2" SS bands, OMS Captured manifold with HP100's. I also have a set of HP119's. I do not have them assembled at this point. I have another OMS captured manifold for them. I have installed the valves in the 119's and capped off the ends where the isolation valve goes. I can dive them single or double by slapping the bands on and installing the isolation valve. Or I can break down the 100's vise versa.

I know that my big problem is the Dry suit that I chose back in my very uneducated days. I should have never bought the one that I did. Should have done more research!!!! Last time I got in the water with the BP/W I was diving the system listed above and had to carry 36lbs.

When Diving a single tank wet in a full 7mm suite with all the goodies, gloves, hood and boots, I can do it with 18-20lbs. I can dive dry with a 400gr. insulation with a single HP100 with 30-32lbs all day long. I am 5'11" weight is 270lbs. In my suit I need 42-44lbs with the same set up to be properly weighted at the end of the dive at the 15' safety stop.

I am very new to diving double so I know that there will be an adjustment period. I really don;t want to have more than 16lbs on my belt when everyhting is said and done. I am looking to get or make a v-weight in the 15lbs range. Once that becomes too much I will either get another one or throw it on the Bridgeport and mill off some of the lead. Either way I would really like to keep the weight on the belt to no more than 16 lbs, less if possible.

Any suggestions???

Back
Top Bottom