V-Weight for a SS plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im a single tank diver adn i bought the xs scuba v weight pouch thinking it went in the backplate... i assembled it and it looks like it will work just fine as a p weight... btw why i shot so freaking expensive? local stores here are selling lead shot in 25lb bags only... id rather rip up my soft weights and empty them.

Anyone know of a good source of lead shot for cheap? how about a CHEAP fix for adding more weight to my ss plate?

has anyone ever stacked 2 identical steel bp together to make a 15lb (+tank) negative rig?

has anyone ever stacked 2 identical steel bp together to make a 15lb (+tank) negative rig?

I doubt it as most back plates are under 6 lbs...........

It's *SO* much easier and cheaper to just place soft weight pouches 'tween the wing and back plate. The wing keeps them from passing between the tanks, the band bolts keep them from falling out the top or bottom and plate clamps everything in place.

This setup is easily adjusted, and if you already own the lead, basically free.

Tobin

but i dive singles with an sta. I know i could buy an ss sta... or those expensive weight plates that go on a plate, but does anyone have any cheaper DIY fixes? BTW thanks for the input tobin i would try that but my wing has pretty much NO extra room for anything. (oxycheq 17lb wing on DR sta/plate.) The oxycheq hole are a little to close so its a stretch to make it work

but i dive singles with an sta. I know i could buy an ss sta... or those expensive weight plates that go on a plate, but does anyone have any cheaper DIY fixes? BTW thanks for the input tobin i would try that but my wing has pretty much NO extra room for anything. (oxycheq 17lb wing on DR sta/plate.) The oxycheq hole are a little to close so its a stretch to make it work

If your application is appropriate for a 17 lbs wing you shouldn't need much ballast......

Tobin

my bad haha yeah i switched now i have a large... (extremely the opposite OVERSIZED wing for winter use right now) ... a superwing double bladder... with 1 al 80 haha but basically a similar scenario.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom