V32 proton metal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shelski

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Please help. I recently purchased the V32 with proton metal second stage and proton octopus. I used it for the first time last week on a trip to the Maldives. Usually at between 22-30 metres, my second stage made a noise a bit like a horn when I breathed in - no problem in shallower water. I don't see any adjustment like I had on my Oceanic. How can I stop this? Also, my alternate octopus continuously blew bubbles for the first 5 minutes of a dive - not freeflowing, but annoying all the same. Apart from this, I'm happy with them. I bought my boyfriend identical regs at the same time and he's not had a problem with his. I purchased the regs online from Spain so don't really wish to send them back.

Many thanks.

Please help. I recently purchased the V32 with proton metal second stage and proton octopus. I used it for the first time last week on a trip to the Maldives. Usually at between 22-30 metres, my second stage made a noise a bit like a horn when I breathed in - no problem in shallower water. I don't see any adjustment like I had on my Oceanic. How can I stop this? Also, my alternate octopus continuously blew bubbles for the first 5 minutes of a dive - not freeflowing, but annoying all the same. Apart from this, I'm happy with them. I bought my boyfriend identical regs at the same time and he's not had a problem with his. I purchased the regs online from Spain so don't really wish to send them back.

Many thanks.

Hi Shelski,

I think I can help explain. The sound you are referring to is a harmonic noise that can occur from the air travelling over the 2nd stage poppet spring. Generally speaking this can be rectified by simply turning the spring around. As for the octo leaking. This could be a simple adjustment of the demand lever. Both of these can be very easily adjusted by a certified Mares technician. I suggest you take them to an authorized Mares dealer that has the capacity to work on Mares products and request the adjustments.

Hope this helps.

Hi, as the regs are brand new, do I need to pay for these adjustments? Seems a little unfair if I do given the money I've already paid out. Thanks.

Hi, as the regs are brand new, do I need to pay for these adjustments? Seems a little unfair if I do given the money I've already paid out. Thanks.

No, you will not need to pay for the service. I have serviced many different makes of regulators, and the harmonic sound that Zac described is almost always cured by reversing the spring. The adjustment to the second stage is a task taking less than 5 minutes time. In fact, both jobs can be done in less than 15 minutes.

Greg Barlow

Shelski,

Your regulators are under warranty. I would suggest you speak with a local authorized Mares dealer and or the store you purchased from to discuss your options. Normally when purchased from an LDS, they would do it as an extension of service and appreciation of your business at no charge. You may find it less expensive to work with a local Mares dealer opposed to shipping back and forth. Unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks to online purchasing. Let me know if there is anything else I can try to help you with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom