VA Beach temp check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubble-head

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm headed out to the Tower with Lynnhaven on Sunday. Does anyone have up-to-date bottom temp info? I was out there a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty warm, in the 70's. I'm debating bringing my 4 mil or 7 mil suit.
Thanks!

I don't know about the Tower, but I am diving the Luchenbach tomorrow & will post a temp, but being 100fsw compared to 40fsw I think it will be that apples to oranges thing.
Temps around here don't change that quickly & with the warm week we had I bet its still close to what you had, but with a change of current anythings possible. I would rather be warm than cold and if you are diving wet you can always flood your suit.

Thanks, I'm thinking of going with the 7 mil, to be on the safe side. How was the Luchenbach? I can't wait to hit some of the deeper wrecks again.

The Luchenbach was great today, not to mention that there were only 4 paying divers on board with 4 crew. I don't know how long they can afford to do that.
I recorded 70 degrees on the bottom, I was diving dry so it was very comfortable if not a bit warm, especially on the stops, but not uncomfortably so.
We had about 30ft vis once we got past the cloud that was hanging at the tie-in. Lots of big fish, either Jacks or maybe Tuna. I'm not very good at fish ID, but I hope the point gets across.
I also spotted a small & I mean small Butterfly fish, probably would fit in a 2 inch square without any problem.
I did just 1 dive, but I made it count with an hour on the bottom & 25 minutes of Deco so an 85 minute dive.
The boat Captain did mention that tomorrow was a full boat,he also said that if he is running the boat it will be at the Tug, which is a pretty good dive, better than the Tower in my deluted mind,so have fun & dive safe.

Hey Robert how much does that dive cost?

Who did you go with?

I start OW class tomorrow! Cant hardly wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom