Vacation Diver Poll

As a "Vacation Diver" what do you do "in between"?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After responding to another thread, it made me think of a possible difference between a diver who vacations and a vacation diver. Divers do the planning to maximize the number of dives they can do on a trip including the last dive they could complete before flying (sometimes diving the day before flying.) This (ME) vacation diver always leaves the day before flying open - did it when we took 1 week vacations and do it now that we take 2 week vacations.

After responding to another thread, it made me think of a possible difference between a diver who vacations and a vacation diver. Divers do the planning to maximize the number of dives they can do on a trip including the last dive they could complete before flying (sometimes diving the day before flying.) This (ME) vacation diver always leaves the day before flying open - did it when we took 1 week vacations and do it now that we take 2 week vacations.
Yup. Even when I do the Aquacat, they have two dives scheduled for the Friday morning and all the guests are taking a Saturday departure. I skip those dives, so I am out of the water by about 5:00pm Thursday afternoon till my flight Saturday around lunch time. I could probably do those two dives Friday morning, but I am older and not in the best shape so for me, I'll skip the dives the day before I fly home and it allows me to rinse my gear without the rush or the crowd.

Vacation Diver - as in I dive to vacation and cannot justify the expenses to myself otherwise. So pretty much plan everything around the diving. I make it a habit to review all the dive sites - what else is there to read and anticipate if not? And then I ensure my first days diving is in easy conditions. Recently I had a year and half gap between dive vacations - but didn't feel I needed a refresher when I hit the water.

P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom