Vacation to Pompano - Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take it you have never experienced last minute flight cancellations. I have had more than a few. They don't tell the reason. I am pretty sure low numbers were involved with at least some of them.

Ha ha....I just had a cancellation on a flight two weeks ago. The airline tried to schedule me for a flight 6 hours later: would have missed all my meetings so I said 'no thanks' and then had to argue for a refund. This is decent airline, but their attitude honked me off. Most dive operators have way better customer service than airlines.

The problem with some divers, which may not be the case with the OP, is that they don't want cattle boats because they don't like crowds. But with only six divers, it doesn't take very many diver cancellations before a trip is uneconomic for the six pack operator. If a six pack tried to run too many money loosing trips, the operator will be out of business quickly. When a small boat gets cancelled, the diver is annoyed but in my view, that's the risk you take with a small boat unless you completely book it up with your friends. A cattle boat with 4 or 5 cancellations would still probably run.

Last edited:
A company puts policies in place to protect themselves and the mighty dollar. But those policies need to be balanced with good customer service. Otherwise the Dive Op that regularly ruins a divers vacation because they cancel a dive trip at the last minute simply because it isn't profitable, is going to find themselves doing it even more often, because they'll be less divers choosing them over the competition. I don't know that the same can be said for airlines.

Otherwise the Dive Op that regularly ruins a divers vacation because they cancel a dive trip at the last minute simply because it isn't profitable, is going to find themselves doing it even more often, because they'll be less divers choosing them over the competition. I don't know that the same can be said for airlines.
There is a dive operator in South Florida I will not even consider using because of the number of times I have been canceled on their boats over the years. I haven't checked their schedule in years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom