Vacation/wedding destination advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nauifins73:
Diving is available and they do a discover scuba right at the Hotel pool - the Beach is really nice.

That's they key. Find a place that offers a "Discover Scuba"... most do.

Once she gets the feel for it, you'll have a partner in what is certainly a "life sport". Either that, or pick a different buddy.

Mixed marriages that are successful without strain are rare.

I would recommend Hawaii. The airfare is usually pretty reasonable, and it offers a wide range of accommodation options. I know the Big Island best -- you can stay in a studio condo for around $400 a week, or a resort hotel for around $400 a night -- and everything in-between! (For condos, check out www.vrbo.com).

Hawaii has great marine life and an awesome manta ray night dive. It also offers wonderful snorkeling -- if you can hook your fiance on snorkeling, she may be more open to trying diving. :wink: Topside, there is tons to do -- beautiful beaches, hiking, rainforests, waterfalls, active volcanoes, tropical gardens...something for everyone, really!

Happy planning!

Take a look at the Anse Chastanet resort in St. Lucia.

I think its just what you´re looking for!

fracchiam:
Take a look at the Anse Chastanet resort in St. Lucia.

I think its just what you´re looking for!

You can't be serious??? No air conditioning and no fan unless you are lucky enough to get one 1st if you ask. And at least 300 stair steps from you bungalow to the beach.

There was a couple that got married the 1st night we were there and I have never seen a couple that looked more miserable. Her hair and dress just clung to her from the sweat and his tux just hung on him.

nauifins73:
You can't be serious??? No air conditioning and no fan unless you are lucky enough to get one 1st if you ask. And at least 300 stair steps from you bungalow to the beach.

There was a couple that got married the 1st night we were there and I have never seen a couple that looked more miserable. Her hair and dress just clung to her from the sweat and his tux just hung on him.

So you didn't enjoy your stay?

Florida Keys! My wife and I got married there 6 months ago in a beautiful Butterfly conservatory:

http://www.keywestbutterfly.com/

We did some great diving there with the family. Also lots of neat restaurants and local flavor above water. Then flew to Hawaii (big island, one week on Kona Agressor, one week on the island) for the honeymoon. The big island would also be an excellent place to get married. Best part is that the Keys and Hawaii are both in the US, so getting the license and making sure it is legal are really easy. Didn't get married in Hawaii because it was too expensive to fly the whole family out.

we got married barefoot on the beach at sunset at the Buccuneer in St Croix. The whole wedding package (including champange, cake, pictures and flowers was about 500 dollars. All of our friends who did the traditional church wedding tell us they wish they would have looked into the way we did. Good luck and congrats.

Thanks everyone for the helpful info, we are thinking maybe Florida or Hawaii.
Thanks again and happy bubbles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom