Votes: 2 16.7%
  • January 16th

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Both are equal

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travis, thanks for the effort that ya'll put into painting. You went above and beyond. That was nice. Yes, you can purchase a tshirt. Collared is $30, and regular tshirt is $25. You can only buy one in your lifetime, (we keep records) and your name and dive date go on it. We don't sell tshirts to anyone who hasn't been diving there.
I think Marvin was going to work on the dumbwaiter thing, but that will mess up my rapelling hole!! Rapelling down through the hole is a lot of fun. We hauled about 500 lbs of trash out that hole one 5 gallon bucket at a time.
For all of the weird information I have seen on Scubaboard about the silo, here is the real story from the owner, (me). We charge $500 for the weekend, that includes up to 20 people. More than that is $25 per person. We do not carry insurance, so someone who does must be in charge of the group and be on the premesis at all times that people are diving. Stores can charge whatever they want, it will depend on what other services they provide. If requested, we can bring extra tanks, or even a compressor if necessary. It is hard to get air fills in Abilene, but we also don't want to compete with whatever store is selling the trip. We recommend at least advance certification since it is cold (60 deg.), dark, deep (100+feet), and altitude. There is camping allowed, above and below ground. There is a real flush toilet, and soon a hot and cold shower below ground. (I worked on that this weekend.)
Anyone who is interested in booking a group is welcome to contact me or Mark. We own Family Scuba in Midland. Phone 1-866-217-2822, 432-686-7333 fax 432-686-0872.

If anyone here missed the trip and is interested in trying again, I've had some interest from some of the San Antonio divers. I'm thinking about a trip in either March or June. I've been up before and I have insurance, so that won't be an issue. PM me if you are interested. If I start to get some interest, I'll start a new thread and we can set the details.

Mike

Glad everyone had a great time on this trip.. Wish I could have made it..

Mike, add me to your list.. March would be great for me, but June as well.

For anyone else that is interested in going to Dive Valhalla March 20-21, I started a new thread under the Trips/Marketplace section of Texas Swamp Divers.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom