Votes: 2 16.7%
  • January 16th

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Both are equal

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im pretty sure I can go either weekend :D

I hope January 16th is okay with everyone.
I have another engagement on the 9th.

I'm going to do my absolute best to make it but I have to be down in Florida the following week for wreck penetration training and then diving the Vandenberg. I'll find out for sure on the training dates prior to the wreck diving on the 21-24th.

This sounds like a great trip especially if we can camp, etc.

Anyone have a portable compressor? :wink:

Closest dive shop for fills?

Midland....Abelene...
Better to bring everything your going to breath and remember you have to carry it up and down 5 flights of stairs.
(For the benefit of those considering doubles.)

Does anyone have a hookup on renting tanks in bulk? If I'm going I'll want to get in as many dives as possible and I don't own many tanks..

I don't have to dive with you, do I?? :p

OK, here's the list, based on PM's i've gotten...

Grumpy & son
VintageDiver & friend
Carrielsal
TexasTorpedo
JamesR
Geewizgc & wife(maybe)
Psiborg (me)

That's 9-10 i got from here...I have 2 more people interested that are dive buddies of mine.

So, that's 10 in all, that would make it 50 bucks apiece to open the site, not to mention the driving, food, air, etc. Because i'm putting this together, i'd probably charge you guys an extra 7 or 8 bucks on the silo fee.

Biggest thing is that Lone Star has not committed to sponsoring the trip. I'm gonna talk to University Scuba and see if they can, if that happens i'll let you guys know.

I might be able to transport and rent tanks, Torpedo, but i'll have to get confirmation that the weekend is happening from Midland Family Scuba.

If you want to rent a tank or have me bring some for cross filling, let me know!

As for carpooling, Whoever is passing through DFW or lives in the DFW is welcome to ride with me as long as there is room. I would assume folks that live in the same area would want to carpool, you guys are old enough to arrange that. :D I'm thinking because of the many different places people are coming from, this should be an overnight trip. I'll probably car camp, not tent camp, because of the wildlife all through the area. I don't know about hotels nearby, but i would assume the closest would be in Abilene. The silo will be open all weekend, if people want it to be. If you want to do 2 dives or 5, it doesn't matter to me.

Foodwise, i'm gonna leave you guys on your own, unless we want to do a big cookout or something, i dunno, what do you guys think?

I hope that answered everybody's questions, sorry about not getting back to some of my PMers, it's Dead Week here at UTA. I'll keep you guys updated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom