Vancouver viz condition?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air One:
Wow ! This forum is pretty active !
So, the best would be for me to come in Sept/oct.
I'll check the dive centers and will decide if it's a good idea to travel with my drysuit ( I'd like to have some room left in my bag for my toothbrush...nevermind)

Anyway : much thanks to all of you.
In my opinion, you're right. The best time to come is around September. The vis at that time is usually pretty good no matter where you go in B.C. and the weather on the surface is still bright and warm (usually).

ChillyWaters:
Hey Creamy one... would you be up for a "club" dive sometime? I just wrote Les and mentioned the concept. I figure every 2-3 months would be fun.

The board doesn't look too active here, but hopefully the diving scene is.

- ChillyWaters

Sure, I'd definitely be up for something. :)

creamofwheat:
Sure, I'd definitely be up for something. :)

Good stuff...

I think I'll have to let it warm up first though. Did my first dive at Whytecliff yesterday and it was sub 40F. We didn't have a clue where to go (I need a map), and tried to go deeper at one spot, but it only got colder (35F). That's just way to cold! I'll need to put on more woolies if that's common.

Perhaps in a month I'll try to get some Scubaboarders out. Anybody else interested? Anyways, I'll let you know. It'd be good to meet some divers over here.

- ChillyWaters

ChillyWaters:
I think I'll have to let it warm up first though. Did my first dive at Whytecliff yesterday and it was sub 40F. We didn't have a clue where to go (I need a map), and tried to go deeper at one spot, but it only got colder (35F). That's just way to cold! I'll need to put on more woolies if that's common.

If it makes you feel any better, the Saanich Inlet was the opposite yesterday.

Hey there ChillyWaters. I have been trying to find some people interested in weekday diving, does that work for you? Wednesday's are good for me but can dive MTWT. I also do dive weekends too depending on my schedule. Right now I am getting ready for another big trip, this time to the FSM and Palau so I want to dive every week or so. I live in Vancouver and hope others answer as well.

BC nu diving:
Hey there ChillyWaters. I have been trying to find some people interested in weekday diving, does that work for you? Wednesday's are good for me but can dive MTWT. I also do dive weekends too depending on my schedule. Right now I am getting ready for another big trip, this time to the FSM and Palau so I want to dive every week or so. I live in Vancouver and hope others answer as well.

No weekday diving for me. I just started a job in West Van, and I have to say that I'm still trying to get used to work life. I was a student for waaaay to long. I'm a bit tired during the week still. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Enjoy your trip. When is it?

Hopefully you can join our first quad-annual Scubaboard dive, which is coming up soon :D

- ChillyWaters

We leave on April 12 and go to Hawaii Guam Pohnpei Chuuk Yap and Palau and return via Hawaii to Seattle on I think May 13-14. Trip of a lifetime for diving. I have an ever changing sched so should be able to make the Scubaboard dive. And, when is it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom