Vandenberg Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from diving with captains corner, had a great time. Very friendly capt and dms. Their dive boat is one of the best I've been on, plenty of room, plenty of places out of the sun, freshwater shower. I didn't book it (it was part of a package with the lds), so I can't comment on that aspect.

I dove with Sea Eagle (captains corner) in July. We did a double dip on the Vandy. Very happy with the boat. For another $45 they offered a guide. It was money well spent as we had great dives and went into areas we probably wouldn't have on our own. I would definitely recommend this operation.

I have Dove the Vandy for three straight summers when we go to KW. I have used Dive Key West Inc and Lost Reef. I just got back from KW on the 30th and did a double dip on the Vandy with Dive Key West. Both Ops are very good. That being said, Dive Key West has always seemed to provide the best customer service. I get my gear on the tanks at the shop and they pretty much take care of everything else including switching tanks on the boat. They also provide fresh fruit, some light snacks and bottled fresh water during surface intervals. They also put someone in the water to guide you around and through the wreck as part of the price of the dive. As part of the price you also get to use the Key West Harbor Yacht Club which has a cooled pool(very important in July/August) and a bar. I drop the wife and younger non divers at the yacht club and me and my oldest son go diving.:wink: Thats a win/win situation.:kiss2: It definately is more expensive but for me and my family the extra costs just seem to be worth it.

Been on the Vandy many times with several operators. By far the best was Peter from Bonsai Divers. He was laid back and a great guide. He is a little more expensive but worth it. He didnt charge us any extra when he guided.

We use Subtropic when we dove the Vandy, boat was kinda of slow....but the service and diving was great!

I dove the Vandenberg August 13 and 14, 2911. The first trip was with Sub Tropic Dive Center is Key West. Their big boat was out of service but they had a smaller boat which had 14 divers. It was crowded and the boat was slow but otherwise it was OK. The second day was supposed to be with Lost Reef Adventures. We had called 3 days prior to make reservations at which time we were asked for a contact phone number and a credit card to hold the reservation. When we showed up on Sunday morning for the dive, the person in the shop said the boat was under repair and had been out of service for 2 days. The shop had neglected to call us informing us of this fact and it was too late to book another dive that day. No consideration was given by the dive shop to call us and report that the boat was out of service despite them having cell phone numbers. There is a big sign in the office stating that NO REFUNDS will be given if you cancel a dive but apparently this doesn't apply to them. My recommendation would be to avoid Lost Reef Adventures dive shop in Key West.

Well guys, I made my way to Key West and dove the Vandenberg yesterday. I emailed a bunch of shops for info and only 2 responded. Bonsai Divers and Lost Reef Adventures. I was all set to dive with the first dive shop but when I reconfirmed a week before they said they were not taking anyone out on the day I planned! I contacted Lost Reef and their boat was rented for a private charter but they put me in touch with the charter organizer and got me on board to do a doulble dip on the Vandenberg. Not only that, one of the guys from the shop came on board and gave me the guided tour. I had a blast! The crew was great, the shop really helped me do the dive I had planned for so long and Corey, my dive buddy, was fabulous. Thanks Lost Reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom