Vandenberg / KW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snewland01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any suggestions on dive operations in Key West going to the Vandenberg? IÃÎ going to the Keys this weekend and I thought a dive on the fresh Vandenberg might be a good dive.

I'd recommend Captain's Corner.

Good Diving,

I've been in Key West since Thursday and dove Friday, Saturday and today with Southpoint Divers, their link is below. Eric is the manager, call him if you any questions. Lucia, Jay and Dave were the DMs. Captain Ryan was great as was the captain on Friday but his name escapes me now.

Key West Scuba Diving :: Southpoint Divers

Southpoint Divers is very concerned about safety. The captain/crew recorded/tracked every divers' time of entry and exit into the water, ending PSI for each dive, max depth after each dive, bottom time and surface intervals for each diver. In all my past boat dives, I've never had to give all that information, maybe ending PSI, but never max depth and bottom time on my computer.

Friday - No current, viz was 20-30 ft.

Saturday - No current, viz was 30 - 40 ft.

Sunday - Some current, especially at the deck which was 95 ft, viz was 15- 20 ft.

Southpoint is located across the street from the Hyatt, and their boat is off the docks behind the Hyatt. You have to walk through the Hyatt's swimming pool area to get to the dock/boat. They have rinse tank at the dock and will store your gear if you are diving with them the next day.

A group of my friends, fellow SBers were on the boat moored next to our boat, and they dove with Lost Reef Adventures. They were also very happy with Lost Reef Adventures and Karen was their DM. From my post-dives conversation with my friends who dove with Lost Reef Adventures, it does not seem like you will go wrong with either operator.

Scuba Diving, Snorkeling in Key West, Florida - Lost Reef Adventures

Brian - We did Vandy and some reefs, in addition, I had to rent the tanks and dove nitrox on some of the dives, air on others. Best to call both shops and compare prices.

I was part of the Lost Reef Adventures group today, and we did a double dip on the Vandy. They charged us $55; I don't know what they charge for rentals since I brought my own tanks. It was a great op! Very professional, knowledgeable, and safety conscious. They let everybody do their own dives, and asked what our deepest depth was after our first dive, and who our buddy was. They let each buddy pair go back on the second dip after each pair had an hour SI, so Joyce and I were the last ones in and the last ones out on the second dive. One buddy pair got blown off the line on the way down for the first dive, so the DM gave them a guided tour for the second one. I thought that was real nice of them, showing them the best parts of the dive since they missed the first one. I would definitely go out with them again next time I'm in KW!

Lost Reef Adventures charged us $55 (I brought my own tanks). It was a great op! Very professional, knowledgeable, and safety conscious. They let everybody do their own dives, a I would definitely go out with them again next time I'm in KW!

Thanks J :)

Sam,

What price are those two ops charging for "V" trips, both with and without tanks if you know them??

Hey Brian - You putting together one of your trips for us kidz to dive the "V" together???? (hint, hint) :crafty:

Beth

I've been in Key West since Thursday and dove Friday, Saturday and today

And you didn't stop by to see me!!! What's up with that!!!

Good Diving,

And you didn't stop by to see me!!! What's up with that!!!

Good Diving,

Er....but I was in Key West not Key Largo!!

Besides you'll see plenty of me next month at ITK as I'm diving three days with your shop. I didn't want ya to get sick of seeing me before ITK. :D

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: to you in the meantime!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom