Vehicle "Dive" Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroWill:
I like the idea of the platform..I Should be able to fit a good 6 tanks in with this system. The platform would also help keep moisture off the carpet. The only disadvantages I see is it would probably be a pain to remove, and I would lose functionality of my sliding floor..

My friend does not remove his platform...his vehicle does not have the sliding floor. The nice thing is with the platform the area is always flat so when he leaves it in the car there is no problem with storage space...
Now you could make the platform slightly smaller that way it would be easier to remove for you....

For my truck I use a cargo liner to protect the cargo area from water damage. I use Tank Tamers (c) to keep the tanks from roling around. Then I use a plastic bin to put by gear bag in. This keeps excess water from building up in the cargo area on the way home from a dive. I bought the bin at Home Depot. It is used to mix concrete. Here are some pictures from this morning as I was going diving.

Here is the cargo area of my truck without anything.
1185062812_Cargo-area.jpg

Here is the cargo are with the liner.
1185062834_Cargo-liner.jpg

And here is the cargo area with my gear.
1185062857_with-gear.jpg

If my wife is going with me we simply put the 4 tanks in first with the Tank Tamers (c), and the bins go on top of the tanks with our gear bags.

I hope this helps.

I have one of those liners as well, a rubbermaid (?) container that holds my regs, wing and everything else. All tanks plus this fits easily with room to spare in a suv.

If more space is needed, the seats fold down to add oodles of room.

Attachments

• truck.JPG
    truck.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 53

Back
Top Bottom