Venice Dive 8/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah there is going to be a small group of us hitting Alhambra Saturday about 8:30am. There are 4 of us right now. Jodi mentioned she may have someone else coming also and my nephew may be joining us also possibly.

We will be there around 930 or 10...

Sound like you guys are going to have a blast. I will be diving with JoyfulLee she is coming down from up north. We booked our trip off the AristaKat for the weekend. Hopefully it going to be a great day for diving. Good luck everyone be safe. Take some pictures if you can and Sea Ya

Our group is going to be there around 830-9 lol so its gonna be interesting lol. Drop off loading will be appreciated lol. Im bringing water and gators. Yeah I m bringing the camera. Maybe I can find a Coke bottle to go with my pepsi bottle lol. And bringing frozen watermelon again. maybe I should grab someting salty....

I am interested in going as well. I am new to the area and haven't done any diving here yet. If anyone has any openings I'd appreciate a reply or pm. I have all my gear except tank and weights, so if I could get some advice as to where I could rent some.

Thanks,
Bryan

There are shops all along venice. I think dive quest or scuba quest. Check the phone book unforn I m not sure where they are. I have spare belts but not spare weights lol. We will be there for several hours so just come along and look for a bouy if we in the water already. We should be back up by noon and resting for a second dive. Sorry I cant help u with shops in venice. I only know my port charlotte ones.

Again anyone can come along we got plenty of people playing in the bubbles!! Sorry I didnt get back to u bryan. I passed out after being up for over 28 hrs. I had worked all thursday night then ran around all day Friday. By 7 pm I was pretty much useless lol.

It's quite alright. I got up around 7 this morning to see if anyone had replied and went back to bed lol. Didn't wanna drive down there from Ellenton without making contact with someone first. I think I'll see if I can get on that Monday charter with aristakat.

Well the surface was perfect today and it held pretty much all day. Unfortunately the viz was not as nice. 3 - 4ft. I found 2 decent teeth one about 2.5" and the other around 2". I'll post pics when I finish cleaning them up. I saw several nice size flounder and a lot of what appeared to be crevalle jacks around the blocks. The best part was the huge grouper that was resting under one of the blocks. I was able to swim right up to him and pet him he was fine with that until I tried to grab hold of his tail. I'm not 100% positive but it appeared to be a large yellowfin grouper but I've always thought of them as being deep water fish. Just curious but is it legal to spearfish at the Alhambra blocks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom