Venice dive of 8/29/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I left plenty for you guys and put little signs on them. (dont touch saving for the labor day beach dive group). :eyebrow:

I found 2 bones, a hermit crab and a rock shaped like a tooth :shakehead: I need bigger signs please

I didn't even find the signs. Guess we need to go back and look again.

No I left the signs there. :) Sorry I could not make it. :depressed: Had some people call me from out of town and wanted to go diving. Of coarse no dive shop was opened that they wanted to go to. I dug out my gear and tanks for them to use. They didnt want to go diving unless I was going with them. So we went landsite hunting instead. They found lots of shark teeth and few fragodons. It was a nice day out with some new friends. The learned a new way to find shark teeth and fossils. Here are a few of my finds for the day. I gave them a lot as well to take back home with them. But just love the colors of these teeth. The hemi is orange and red and mako nice with a white top. All in all I would of loved to be with everyone but I didnt want to leave them upset not being able to go tooth hunting. We all found some great teeth and I tried to make a bad event into a happy one. Missed you guys......

Attachments

• DSC02483.JPG
    DSC02483.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC02482.JPG
    DSC02482.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 49
Nice. Would love to do some dry fossiling some time. Went hunting for teeth once back in the early 90's outside Indiantown, FL. Found a couple, but was more worried about the wild pigs.

We missed ya, FB and wished you were there.

Ok So you've perked my interest. FB When you say landsite, are you digging / sifting? Without giving away too much, are you searching in area that is a river bank? I've heard of people pulling megs from what was Cooper Creek park in Sarasota, which they were doing by feeling the mud. (which is crazy in my opinion as I am hesitant to dive in black water with gators.) But for those days where the gulf is not friendly, it's great to know about some other options!

Thanks!

Ok So you've perked my interest. FB When you say landsite, are you digging / sifting? Without giving away too much, are you searching in area that is a river bank? I've heard of people pulling megs from what was Cooper Creek park in Sarasota, which they were doing by feeling the mud. (which is crazy in my opinion as I am hesitant to dive in black water with gators.) But for those days where the gulf is not friendly, it's great to know about some other options!

Thanks!
A landsite is what it is a landsite. Fossil hunting on land only. Its on land all you do is walk around and pick up the shark teeth laying on the ground. Sometimes they hide but I normal can spot them. Here is a picture of some I found on the ground and what they look like after they are cleaned. This area need no cleaning other than getting the sand off of them....~~~fossilbabe~~~

Attachments

• DSC02300.JPG
    DSC02300.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC02301.JPG
    DSC02301.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC02302.JPG
    DSC02302.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02304.JPG
    DSC02304.JPG