Venice Shark Tooth spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zoomer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone have any GPS numbers for sharks teeth off Venice beach and area that they would be willing to share with me? I want to take my son and wife on the boat out of Venice and actually find some this time, we have been off the beach and didn't have much luck. Now that my boat is fixed we want to go off shore a bit.

You can PM me with them and I promise I will not share.....

Thanks

Does anyone have any GPS numbers for sharks teeth off Venice beach and area that they would be willing to share with me? I want to take my son and wife on the boat out of Venice and actually find some this time, we have been off the beach and didn't have much luck. Now that my boat is fixed we want to go off shore a bit.

You can PM me with them and I promise I will not share.....

Thanks

Zoomer, The Boneyard is the place to go. I don't have the numbers but I can't imagine someone wouldn't give them to you, everyone knows of it.

BTW, you guys should join us this Saturday: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...siling-bash-july-26-2008-venice-fl-take2.html I'd read the first and last page of the thread is all. Anywhoozle, The Aristikat is giving free rides out to The Boneyard on Saturday. Pretty sweet, if you ask me. Plus you will be able to meet loads of SB'ers and their families.

just look for the crowd of dive boats... the numbers are on the forum in a couple different threads sp try a search.

Thanks all, we will probably be down this Saturday.... Now I have a second question, where is the best/closest place to launch a boat in the Venice area? I do see there is one in Higel Park, 1330 Tarpon Center Dr. & Venice Ave., Roberts Bay ...... is this one any good or do you recommend somewhere else?

Narcosis, sent a pm back.... thanks

Missdirected... I saw the post about you guys being down there, will try to get by to see everyone.... thanks

This is the one I use. It's not that far from the inlet.

Attachments

• boatramp.jpg
    boatramp.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 263
Thanks again Narcosis.... that was another one I was looking at....
Is there a dock there as well... are you going down on Saturday?

there is a boat ramp just south of the inlet but i find the parking is somewhat limited however it is a very short boat ride and there are bathrooms (not very clean) at the ramp.

There is also one just north of the inlet just off albee road and nokomis beach?. just a slightly longer boat ride... portapotties on site and a picnic area... tons of parking... You will see beggar the dolpher in the afternoon when coming back in like clockwork.

I will probably be putting in at one of these ramps. if you need more info on either i will have to look it up on google maps...

Just a thought... it is not hard to find either the boat ramps or the boneyard especially on a day like sat but if you feel any apprehension I could meet up with you show you to the ramp and lead you to the bone yard.

Thanks mlynch21.... I've got the gps back on the boat and it's working great, shouldn't have any issues... just not familiar with the area and it's really no fun towing a boat around looking for a ramp to put in and then when you do find one it's full or overly crowded with .... well lets just say "Not so experienced boaters" you know the ones that spend 45 minutes on the ramp? Anyway I appreciate all the help, If your on the water Saturday we will be in a Cobia 191 and I'll have my radio on just holler for Zoomer...

I'll take look at the map and find the ramps you are talking about... thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom