Vent your frustration on this guy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fsudiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey everyone, I am new to this board and am interested in making new friends because my dive buddy- who was also my boyfriend- turned out to be a real scum bag! I knew him for 15 years before we started dating, so I thought he was my friend and he would treat me better...but I was wrong. We went on a weeklong dive vacation together, and he pretended to be the perfect boyfriend. All the pictures I have are couples pictures. Then he never called again! I called and finally emailed to tell him I was breaking up with him. He emailed back and pointed the finger at me saying he couldn't live up to my expectations (which are really simple, actually: mutual respect and mutual caring), then he said petty things like I interrupted a story he was telling to someone while we were on vacation! Anyway, I told him exactly what I thought- and used words I don't often used- to describe his behavior. I mean, how do you spend a whole week with someone and pretend like everything is great, kiss the person goodbye and say you can't wait to do it again, then never call again! UGGGH. Anyway, he finally fessed up to the truth (I broke up with him a while ago)- and made excuses for his behavior. I am sick that he cheated on me with her, but I feel sorry for the girl he is dating because she surely has no idea he went on vacation with me. Read his email below, and please FEEL FREE TO VENT ALL YOUR FRUSTRATIONS ABOUT MEN on this forum! (Sorry guys, I know you aren't all like this jerk, but there are plenty out there who are as bad as him).

Here is his email to me:
I will give you the only explanation I can. I should have done this way
earlier, but was way too difficult for me (because I am a coward when it
comes to these things, I don't know why it is so hard for me but it is,
I have actually stayed in relationships for way longer than I should
have for that reason). Shortly before our trip I met someone else whom I
care for a great deal. To be honest I used the trip as somewhat of a
test to see how we would get along. Honestly, I feel I have a better
chance of having a lasting relationship with the other woman whom I
mentioned earlier. So, yes this is definitely a self serving move on my
part, and I am truly sorry that it did not work out between us. I feel
it is better to find this out earlier rather than spend more time than
necessary. I am getting to the age where I can no longer afford to spend
more time than necessary. I handled this very poorly and am sorry, you
deserve better. I did not mean to wait this long but after the first
voice and emails you sent it made it even harder for me to call and then
the time just slipped away.

Anyway, that is it. I hope you will accept my apology, but if not, I
understand that too.

Mark

PS. If you insist on using more foul language and calling me more names,
please do not reply.

Look on the bright side – he could have been a jerk to you, and caused this painful sight last week.

http://www.pbase.com/atrltd/image/46317625

At least he told the truth when he said, “you deserve better.”

because I am a coward when it
comes to these things, I don't know why it is so hard for me but it is...

These words bring back painful memories for me...someone told me this same thing once, almost verbatim.... :116:

Maybe guys like this are psychopaths, ScubaTexan. Maybe they share the words they should use to most hurt the girl they are dating. :(

But did you guys get to dive?

Yeah, we got to dive...but I would have MUCH rather gone alone knowing that he had lied to me by telling me we were in a committed monogamous relationship, and he had another girlfriend at the same time who he had supposedly met before we planned our vacation. The place I went- Club Med- had a great system of pairing buddies together if they were single. Now my memories and my pictures are tainted with this jerk. If I had gone alone, I would have had a great time. Did I mention that this was not a free ride? I paid my own way completely, and when we did have to take a taxi, he conveniently had misplaced his cash- twice!

mrobinson:
But did you guys get to dive?

Unfortunately these things seem to be a never ending story in human relationships. I've had my share of disappointments as have some very nice ladies I went out with (due to me, at least in my younger days).

It is surprising given the long time you had known him though. Hope you heal soon.

Dr. Bill

By the way, my niece is in school at FSU

Hunny, after re-entering this zone called "dating" after over 14ms of a relationship..."This is what I call a target rich enviroment"-TopGun....I've got a couple pieces of advice and general comments...

"Win some, lose some"- you obviously won!

You might as well enjoy the time yall had together, hopefully the underwater picts weren't all of yall and some fish, but more fin than leg so to speak?!

You got fooled, next time around you'll be smarter and more on the look out! (and more apt to bring a good girlfriend who you can pick up hot divers with while on vacation!)

Wait, yall knew each other for 15ys before hand....

In that case, stillettos as a weapon are called for!

ScubaBabe22:
In that case, stillettos as a weapon are called for!
Careful, that might attract the wrong kind of guy too. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom