Vent your frustration on this guy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goofystan:
This is a non-diving related thread.... Posting other people's emails is not an issue that I am aware of. Is this topic a little sensitive for you and you want it to go away...brings back memories?
Well...most are bashing a guy that isn't here to defend himself and give his side of the story....Is that fair? Is your little jab fair?

Thank you, Ann Marie and all the others who understand where I am coming from. He cheated and he lied repeatedly, and he misled me completely. We had many talks- even on our vacation- about our values and even specifically about faithfulness. He lied with such conviction that I believed him.

To those of you who don't think he is a jerk, keep in mind that this email arrived just last week, and I had already broken up with him weeks before. After I broke up with him via email (because he was too much of a coward to return my calls), he pointed out every flaw he saw in me, and he didn't take responsiblity for his feelings...oh yeah, and he failed to mention he was dating someone else! I feel sorry for the girl he is dating and I wish I could warn her about him. Clearly, based on his email, this is a pattern for him. Also, if he really did care for her "a great deal" as he claimed, he wouldn't have gone on vacation with me and pretended to be my loyal boyfriend the whole time.

This wasn't some fling. This was a guy I thought was a friend for 15 years. Once we started dating about 4 months ago, he fed me so many lines that I believed. He introduced me to his parents, he attended my family reunion and convinced my family that he was "the one"...and all the while, he was cheating. Jerk doesn't begin to describe people like him.

I will get over him. The wound is still fresh right now, but I know in time I will heal. I really don't believe a word he said, even in that email, except that he is right that he is a coward and I do deserve much better. If you could see his previous few emails, you would see that his tone changed completely (from anger at me), which is why I believe he is a psychopath. I also think he asked for forgiveness for his own benefit- because I was his Tallahassee friend for years before who always got him free football tickets and let him crash at my place. He is a taker, and he is not a friend. I have no desire to be friends with someone like him who would disrepect me so much.

Ann Marie and other who have expressed empathy, thank you! I am glad I didn't waste any more time with him, but it will be hard to trust again after this experience. I know I will, though, in time....

Ann Marie:
Jerk-worthy the email was not. Granted he is still gutless for writing it and not speaking with her. Jerk-worthy is: cheating and lying. Both of which he did to her. It is so easy to take the upper-hand "please don't respond if you are going to use foul language and call me names" when you are the one that did wrong and wasn't hurt!

fsudiver: Be glad you didn't waste anymore time with a looser that happens to be a wimp! :wink:

you just didn't go to san sal with the right guy. i know the island very well. :wink:

Hey there Caver95...it really is a small world. LOL. See you at the next club meeting! :)

Caver95:
you just didn't go to san sal with the right guy. i know the island very well. :wink:

Yeah, but in all honesty, we win some we lose some...the special ones we get to keep! I'd kill the first boy to cheat on me(or my daddy would :eyebrow: ) but I'd be quick to get over it...

especially after 15 yrs...but even after that amt of time did you have ANY idea he was like this? or were blind eyes turned?

PS I'm not trying to take his part, or the part of any male that feels offended, just "callin the bird"

Remember........the best way to a man's heart is directly through his ribs.

hence the stilletos...and i mean, in all honesty, he 'fessed up...

He only fessed up after the fact, and after I already had broken up with him. I had no idea he was like this. He even convinced me to buy a "honeymoon" picture that the professional photographer had taken on the island. It said "hottest couple on the island." I laughed at it, then he said he was going to buy it and I should buy a copy, too. Why would a guy do that if he had no intention of ever even talking to his girlfriend again after the vacation? He needs help.

ScubaBabe22:
hence the stilletos...and i mean, in all honesty, he 'fessed up...

If there were more young, hot instructors out there, I WOULD!!! let me tell you!!

Many guys never fess up, and you laughed at the honeymoon pict...you didn't have to get it!

Back
Top Bottom