Venture Heat - Buyer Beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wondered if the OP is like me. I go by the saying "When all else fails, read the instructions."
I don't recall if I paired my remote with only one battery attached, but I tend to try things before reading the instructions. The OP didn't say which vest he has, but the instructions are different for each version.

I have one and although it works well I don’t think I would suggest anyone buy one,you would probably be better off with layers.

something to aware of with any small speciality manufacturer, they can just disappear in a moments notice of course this can also happen with some of the big names too.
True, but they haven't disappeared. In fact they sell a lot of products to the winter outdoor industry (skiing, etc) and also products to keep you warm in the home. I understand the idea of a warranty period is to limit your liability on repairs but not to offer any repairs??? I would understand if they sent you to a 3rd party repair facility- but not even that, just an flat outright "sorry it doesn't work" attitude.

I wondered if the OP is like me. I go by the saying "When all else fails, read the instructions."
I don't recall if I paired my remote with only one battery attached, but I tend to try things before reading the instructions. The OP didn't say which vest he has, but the instructions are different for each version.
Not only did I read and follow the directions explicitly, as did my friend. I also called them and they sent me pairing instructions that were similar but not exactly like the ones in the printed manual.

Have you considered that maybe you just need a new remote? One of mine broke so. I contacted them, sent some photos of my model and was able to get a new remote. Problem solved.

I did experience a similar back and forth with Kraken customer service concerning my phone housing that stopped working. They stopped replying to me so I reluctantly disassembled the housing and managed to get it working on my own.

Have you considered that maybe you just need a new remote? One of mine broke so. I contacted them, sent some photos of my model and was able to get a new remote. Problem solved.

I did experience a similar back and forth with Kraken customer service concerning my phone housing that stopped working. They stopped replying to me so I reluctantly disassembled the housing and managed to get it working on my own.
I absolutely thought it might be the remote and was willing to pay for a new one if that was the problem but I was told in no uncertain terms that they have no parts and the only thing they could do was to tell me if it was broken or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom