VEO 180Nx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why do they change anything from year to year?

brianstclair:
I have and use a Veo 180. That is normal. It scrolls through the depths and bottoms times - that is the planning mode. Hit the button to return to the surface mode (or whatever they call it). After a little bit in surface mode, it'll go into dive planning mode and start scrolling again.

That little Veo 180's a great computer.

Brian

Well, after reading that this is normal, I am relieved. It was just weird to me that it was doing that. O well.

Get to try it out on Sunday.

Jacob

NetDoc:
Thanks Chris!

I went to find a Suunto manual online and could not do so! What a great service for divers!

I found them but couldn't get it to download correctly. I looked for them before giving you a hard time on another thread :wink:

Go to WWW.Suunto.com and click on downloads and then on your particular manual. It will be in pdf format.

I have recently bought the 180 since it was 25% off and only cost me $170 or so. Seems to be a nice computer and mine does the same thing, scrolling. Seems normal and performed fine on my first dive with it. It's a lot more complicated than my wife's vyper and will take some time to memorize what each screen means.

ndnatty:
I have recently bought the 180 since it was 25% off and only cost me $170 or so. Seems to be a nice computer and mine does the same thing, scrolling. Seems normal and performed fine on my first dive with it. It's a lot more complicated than my wife's vyper and will take some time to memorize what each screen means.

God, I used to have a Vvyper and found the 180 easier to use!

I have recently bought the 180 since it was 25% off and only cost me $170 or so
Very nice price. I like the Oceanics a lot - I'm sure they're different from the Vypers, but not more complicated. First thing I do is turn Default Off, but study you manual and run Sim dives until you know it well - then review before every trip. Goes for any Personal Dive Computer.

trigfunctions:
Originally Posted by cerich
why do they change anything from year to year?
To alienate customers and drive them to other manufacturers?
:lol:​

Really, because the market demands new & improved whatevers, don't you think...?

Well Don, they discontinued the 200 which you and I have and like and replaced it with the 180 which is less convenient and about the same price and the 250 which is about the same (although I prefer the 200) and more expensive.

I think they are manipulating price points instead of improving customer service, but if there are some features or benefits that I've overlooked I'd be interested to hear them. What I do know is that when it comes time to upgrade my computers, I will be looking at other brands instead of Oceanic.

trigfunctions:
Well Don, they discontinued the 200 which you and I have and like and replaced it with the 180 which is less convenient and about the same price and the 250 which is about the same (although I prefer the 200) and more expensive.

I think they are manipulating price points instead of improving customer service, but if there are some features or benefits that I've overlooked I'd be interested to hear them. What I do know is that when it comes time to upgrade my computers, I will be looking at other brands instead of Oceanic.

I'm actually taken aback that you feel our actions are so sinister...

I honestly don't know what to say except that one thing Oceanic has always done is constantly improve and introduce new computer models. If you look around you'll see there is only one other "major" who makes their own computers, and to be honest they aren't even in the same ballpark...

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom