Veo 2.0 Bungee ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mooseman1007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
My fiance as a Oceanic Veo 2.0 which she has used for the past year with no issues, but on our upcoming trip we will only be needing shorties rather than full suits, and this poses a problem....Her wrists are too small !. Granted the Veo's strap is huge, but thats fine with a 5 or 7mm suit on, but on bare skin / rash vest its a no go. Are there any replacement straps (similar to the velcro one released for the Geo 2.0, or a DSS bungee mount which would fit the Veo 2.0 ?
Hope someone has some ideas ( and before anyone suggests a DIY hack job....that was my first idea and was given short shrift !)
Mooseman

How about a 3 gauge console? I use the Oceanic 3 gauge console and the Veo replaces the depth gauge if you're comfortable with that.

I edited my original post saying to replace the compass, but after looking at it, the Veo won't fit there.

It may be an option in the future but only just got our travel reg setup so not for now, besides I know she likes having it on her wrist. Only option so far is for her to wear a sweatband under the watch, but its likely to slip easily !
Mooseman

Take the VEO 2 and clip it onto a gear keeper or a snappy coil. That way you can use it in the warm water on a gear keeper or in cold water on your wrist.

Think its going to have to be clipped on as suggested, though I know shell want it on her wrist. I know she doesnt want it damaging in any way so drilling is out so there arent many options. I suppose i could get her off down the gym to do weights for the next week and hope it doubles the size of her wrists :)
Cheers anyway
Mooseman

Back
Top Bottom