VEO250 download problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought the oceanic VEO250 and down load cable. Can not get the down load to work. The message is Starting handshake and then Timeout. Then it goes back to the log screen. I have already checked the connection. Those seem okay.
Thanks for any help.

What version of software are you on? I had this problem I shut down the software and reopened it and went straight to download and it worked.

I had the same issues with my veo200. I solved it by selling the cable and keeping a bit better track of my times and depths on a slate and in wetnotes. Also if you have windows Vista I'm now of the opinion that not much will work with it at all. My next desktop will be a Mac. Thanks alot Bill Gates!

Problem solved. I sent the computer and cable back to scubatoys. They sent me a new set up. Now everything works. Thanks Scubatoys. Also thinks Tech. support at Oceanic. You did all you could. But when it’s broke it’s broke.

I just had a similar timeout error with a new Veo 2.0. The connection would not work if the cable was attached to a USB hub. I tried both USB2 and USB3 hubs with the same timeout result. When the cable was plugged directly into the computer's USB port everything worked.

I'm having a similar issue with my 250 as well. Just started here when I downloaded the latest version of software. Is there any way to clean the connection terminals on the computer. Could I use rubbing alcohol to try and clean the terminals or could that damage something in it?

Back
Top Bottom