Verify PADI certification online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does this mean the shop did not even send it in yet?
Probably.

You do realize this is a 6-year old thread, don't you?

check with your shop- after completion of course & payment in full to LDS they are required by PADI to submit certification paperwork within 7 days. I always fill info same night of completion of training and email a temp. card to student and permanent card usually arrives withing 2 weeks.

check with your shop- after completion of course & payment in full to LDS they are required by PADI to submit certification paperwork within 7 days. I always fill info same night of completion of training and email a temp. card to student and permanent card usually arrives withing 2 weeks.

Thanks. My AOW card from them took like 5 weeks... I don't think they are always following the 7 day thing. Although, I can't be sure. I would like to find out if they actually are or not. If they aren't I would like to complain to the owner. The clerk guy at the shop said yes it's been properly submitted, but honestly I don't believe him. He didn't even check anything except the box of cards where mine wasn't there.

Thanks. My AOW card from them took like 5 weeks... I don't think they are always following the 7 day thing. Although, I can't be sure. I would like to find out if they actually are or not. If they aren't I would like to complain to the owner. The clerk guy at the shop said yes it's been properly submitted, but honestly I don't believe him. He didn't even check anything except the box of cards where mine wasn't there.
next time you take a class- ask that a temp card be emailed to you right away- this is a feature on PADI pro site right after you complete certificayion -a Instructor can request temp card emailed to student...

Actually, if you're doing paper PIC's, you get your temporary paper card on the spot, good for 60 days while the shop processes the paperwork.
If you are doing e-cert, I do it with my students right on the spot over a Coke or a beer, as we complete their logbooks. Once I upload their picture, it's automatic. They get an immediate e-card for the same amount of time until until they buy a permanent e-card or a plastic one.
There is NO 5 weeks until you get a temporary card. That's nonsense. I'd call PADI and report it, unless you need to protect your relationship with a marginal dive shop.

There was a "Student Lookup" page on padi.com recently but now it errors out: Error -Student Lookup and this is the only link I could find by googling site: padi.com "student lookup".

Does anyone know a new link to this page? It is much more convenient to check certifications rather than browsing thru several "card replacement" pages and filling all those fields and captchas.

this is what it looked like: -Student Lookup compare it to the current pain and struggle.

Thanks everyone I just needed to verify my recent certification was processed. Using the replacement card trick worked just fine
Interestingly enough, as a former IDC Staff Instructor with a number of certs before I turned pro, mine turned up empty.

There was a "Student Lookup" page on padi.com recently but now it errors out: Error -Student Lookup and this is the only link I could find by googling site: padi.com "student lookup".

Does anyone know a new link to this page? It is much more convenient to check certifications rather than browsing thru several "card replacement" pages and filling all those fields and captchas.

this is what it looked like: -Student Lookup compare it to the current pain and struggle.

It looks like the server endpoints still work (http:// apps.padi.com/PADI/Lookup/Lookup/StudentSearchNBKReActivate and http:// apps.padi.com/PADI/Lookup/Lookup/StudentGetByNumberForReActivate ) but no matter which data I send to them they always reply with 'No student record(s) found.'

Possibly it is because I do not send captcha values :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom