Verify your flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCDiver1

Ductus Exemplo
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
With Northworst going bankrupt, and the cane, i knew there would be some fallout on customers, no matter what they were assuring. It appears to have begun. Our flights from Detroit to Coz and the return, have been cancelled.

Up till yesterday, we were being assured everything was fine. In fact, i basically had to force it out of the NW agent that the flights were actually cancelled. We found out in a roundabout way and not from NW. Two of our group had booked the same flights through Worry-Free and were told by Worry-Free that NW had cancelled the flights. Our trip is scheduled for 02-04-06 to 02-11-06 so i really think it has more to do with the bankruptcy than it does the cane in this case.

Anyway, i spent a couple hours on the phone yesterday with NW rescheduling tickets. Got everything rescheduled but our route is much more circuitous, involves another airline, we leave a day earlier, come back a day later and are required to overnite in connecting cities in both directions.

The good news is NW is honoring the tickets and there is no extra charges from them on the changes. Major Kudos to NW for that.

The NW agent i was dealing with also said that other airlines will or already have significantly trimmed the number of flights to Coz. You knew that had to happen right after the cane but you would think by then, things would be somewhat back to normal.

Apparently the airlines don't believe that they will be. In the case of NW, they plan on resuming a normal flight schedule after 02-15-06. I hope that's true but i have my doubts.

So do yourself a favor, check your flights, especially if you are on NW. But do so with other airlines that might be going bankrupt or if you are going to an area recently damaged by mother nature. I think things are going to be messed up for awhile.

I'm afraid if you think traveling by air was a pain in the butt before, hold on to your knickers, i think its gonna get much worse before it gets better. I hope i'm wrong.

Sounds like NWA is following in Delta's footsteps. We were luckier in we caught it early enough to have minimal impact - we return 1 day later, but an extra night in the Caribbean beats a 'surprise' overnight stay in Atlanta IMO! We also had zero airfare cost imapcts to have changes that accomodated us better than the 'default' plan from Delta, so there's a bit of a silver lining as you mentioned above.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=115628

Funny thing, in the case of our rescheduled trip to Coz, Delta is the other airline we are connecting with.

Air travel really is becoming more and more "like a box of chocolates." :wink:

Cozumel Palace moved us over to Spa Aventura Dec 9-16.
NW allowed us to change flight destination from Coz to Cun.
In the process, this got rid of a short overnight stay in houston.

Would only be better if they could get me back to a hotel on Coz.
(Shore dive addict).
Good luck to all traveling down there.

Back
Top Bottom