Versa Pro interface. Do you have it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for the specs on the cable that comes with the Versa Pro interface package. The software is a free download and it hasn't impressed enough to spend the money for the package. We've been to radio shack and a couple other stores that sells cables and they don't have anything that fits.

Thanks.

Looking for it myself, but.... no luck so far :-(
If you'll find one, please, let me know :)

khel

The package that you buy fron Oceanic isn't much better than the freebie. I have yet to get the software to download to the hard drive and Oceanic's tech support seems to be in a quagmire as to the problem.

Quarryrat, what's the pin configuration of the cable that came with the package? The download wasn't impressive enough to warrant the cost of the package Oceanic sells, but it seems to be the only way to get the darn cable.

Thanks!

This would be most helpful...to build a cable and "TEST" with

Cheers,
Crazy_J
:doctor:

If you take a look at the pic of the cable on LP's site, there's a nice little module that attaches to the computer and the cable comes out of that. I really think there's going to be more going on in there than PIN1->DTR, etc... I also believe that if it were that straightforward, one of the industrious folks here would have posted how to wire it up yourself. I'd imagine there's at least some discrete parts in the module (which could be copied), but if there's some sort of gate array or ASIC, forget it...

I may order one just to take a look. I'll let you know...

That'd be really helpful. The pin config is the same on the Pro Plus 2. The software does mostly suck, but the DBs are simple MS Access databases, so I think I'll probably write my own software someday.

scubawife once bubbled...
Quarryrat, what's the pin configuration of the cable that came with the package? The download wasn't impressive enough to warrant the cost of the package Oceanic sells, but it seems to be the only way to get the darn cable.

Thanks!

The pin config for Win 98 thru NT-XP is a 9 pin serial. With Win 95-98 it's a 25 pin serial. But. I believe that PurduEE has pointed out the hitch in the giddy-up. I don't see anyway to manufacture the module to plug into the dive 'puter.

This thing has been sitting in my desk for close to six months because I gave up on trying to get it installed. Doesn't look as tho I'll be diving this weekend maybe I'll give it another shot.

Thanks for the info. I'd seen a post from May with some guy saying he had the cable made by a local computer shop and it works great. A bit suspect though because he didn't respond to anyone's posts and didn't answer PM's.

My husband has written his own software and is very computer savvy, but we need to get the data out of the computer and that end is where we're stumped. It is definitely not a standard configuration.

If I do happen to come across anything that works, I'll post and let others know.

Back
Top Bottom