Very dangerous experience - advice please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI is not completely toothless. The undersea journal publishes a list of suspended and expelled members every quarter, but one complaint, no matter how grievious will not get someone expelled. Rest assured that your complaint has been entered into his file, and ALL of his students will be recieving QA surveys. If the surveys indicate that this is his standard modus operandi PADI will take action.

Then they will put him on double secret probation along side the rest of Animal House.

Ok,
So out of curiosity I emailed the guy as follows,
"Are you the PADI instructor who allegedly took the young couple out on your island on October 31 2008, to certify them in Open Water? If so, and the young lady's story is true, I would think that you would want to defend your name and business. Since however you have made an accusatory reply to another Scubaboard member insinuating, "Drug Cartel" association I am assuming that her story is true. As such I will make sure I tell all of my friends in South America and anywhere else, whenever I have the opportunity, about your dangerous business practice."

Here is his very professional and very eloquent response...

" **CK YOU "

"Juan J. Chavarriaga
OWSI PADI 177004 / BIS 083
Cel: 3126195382
Silvana S. Saravia
DM PADI 190107
Cel: 3205732045"

I think this pretty much answers everyone's question as to who is telling the truth.

Thanks Tutifruti, and I am so glad it all turned out well for you and your boyfriend.

Regards,

Claus

Last edited:
Well, it looks like he can speak some English afterall.

Shame on PADI for not addressing this.

Everyone should send him an email and forward his reply to PADI.

Oh Thal, Padi won't do anything until someone dies and get convicted in court - maybe.

Oh Thal, Padi won't do anything until someone dies and get convicted in court - maybe.
You really mean it? Oh well - we can have fun readin them ourselves!:D

Im sorry Tutifruti about your experience. Scuba diving is not easy and its not recommended to be done without lots of surface training. I`ve took 8H of training and i was explained the basic of diving and lots of briefing before each of those 6 dives i`ve took in the sea during the course.

I`ve made the training in the Black Sea (visibility 1-2m) in pretty hard conditions ( cold water, low visib ) but the moment i dove in the Red Sea i felt like a fish in a big aquariam and i was so happy that i made some rough training when i did the course.

Give diving another chance with a real instructor who do give a damn about humans life.

Good luck on your journey, TF!

I hope PADI is proud to be associated with this instructor. Insuations of connections to Drug Cartels, the Mob, and email replies telling people to F off truly promote professionalism...

Tutifruti - Kudos to you and your boyfriend. You have been very classy through out this ordeal and discussion. I do not need to say anymore than has been said by and about this instructor. This forum is to help us all learn, well I for one have learned about one operation to avoid. Keep diving. Most of the instructors and divers are great people who have become good friends.
Bob

Thanks everyone for your responses and support :)

MisaC, I already got certified! I'm on my way to doing my advanced course and then hopefully DM after that :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom