Very sad day in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jibeho

Contributor
Reaction score
Tampa area man dies while diving off Juno Beach
By MICHELLE SHELDONE
michelle.sheldone@scripps.com
Posted at 3:02 p.m.
September 4, 2006

A Tampa area man died during a Labor Day recreational dive off Juno Beach.

The man, a certified diver estimated to be 50-plus years old, was found floating in the water by the crew of the commercial dive boat Republic IV at about 11 a.m., on Monday. A crew member performed CPR, but couldn't resuscitate him.

He had been diving in waters 70 feet deep at the Juno Ledge, two miles off Juno Beach before his body surfaced. The site is not known to be a dangerous dive, Jupiter Dive Center owner Gerry Carroll said.

"A multitude of things could have happened," Carroll said. "I'm not even going to speculate."

Members of the Jupiter Police Department and Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office met the Republic IV at Seasport Marina, where Palm Beach County Fire Rescue took the man's body to Jupiter Medical Center.

The Sheriff's Office is awaiting the medical examiner's report about the cause of death.

That report just begs for all kinds of questions that none of us can answer. My condolences to his family and friends.

My prayers & condolences to his family.

The dive boat I was working on was heading towards Juno Ledge when we heard the radio signal. They were North of Juno ledge and we were about 3 miles away. We went North as fast as we could because we had a paramedic on board and might be able to help. Then the boat signalled that a fast fishing boat had met them and was taking the diver to shore.
How sad and needless.
DMDoogie

My prayers also to the friends and family...
What a tragedy ...

Jean

Always a tragedy when a fellow diver says goodbye, My condolences to his family as well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom