Very strange thread -- would you dive with me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The post was removed by me. If you're familiar with the TOS then you know I can't say why. Although that's a pretty good guess in your next response.

You can tell him the truth about how I was offended and reported him. It's ok I give you permission. :boxing::chuckle:

No. I wouldnt. Cause you seem to like cold water and there is no way I will be in that stuff.. 78* or warmer is my requirement.

otherwise, I dont care who is with me as long as they dont freak out when I pick up a starfish to watch it walk on me..

haha theres nothing wrong with a cold water dive! i say 50-65 is perfect man...

When do we go?

One of the reasons we got our dry suits is to dive places like Puget Sound.

Now... ask me if I will go ride horses with you, I will politely decline (out of respect and concern for the health of your horses...)

But diving, I am there. Any day, any time.

Having dived with Lynne yesterday, I can confirm that she does, in fact, dive with strokes. You're way off the mark, but I'm sure there are more than a few who share your view.

No. And I'll tell you why not.

Because of this thread.

I've often felt that SBers are far too polite, and the sycophantic replies to this self-serving post are good testament to that opinion.

What did you expect to get by way of an answer to such a leading question?

Somebody saying "well gosh, I'm afraid to dive with you because, well, you're DIR and I'm just a little stroke and erm, you're also a moderator on the world's biggest SCUBA internet forum and have like 20,000 posts on it and a following of, like 10,000 minions to praise your every word, and good God, I'm not worthy to even be in your presence, O mighty diving oracle..."?

Quite frankly, the faux-modest tone of your post reeks to me of egotism.

And - as I've just found out - I can't even put you on ignore because you're a mod :depressed:

Sometimes, projecting our own motives onto others actions can kinda fuxor our perspective.

Anyone know how to unsubscribe from this post? Its been dead for more than two months and I had hopes that it would stay that way........

"Fuxor our perspective" :dork2:

In the last week, I've had three different people tell me that they were glad to have finally gotten to dive with me, because previously they were afraid to.

Afraid to? Afraid to dive with ME? Good heavens.

But now I'm beginning to understand why I keep offering to dive with new divers and nobody takes me up on it.

Would YOU dive with me? And if not, why not?

I'm not afraid to dive with you. Although I am afraid to argue with you

Anyone know how to unsubscribe from this post? Its been dead for more than two months and I had hopes that it would stay that way........

"Fuxor our perspective" :dork2:

Go up to Thread Tools in the header bar of the thread and click Unsubscribe.

Anyone know how to unsubscribe from this post?

Red toolbar at the top of the page: Thread tools > unsubscribe.

Edit: Or just follow Sas's advice. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom