video - Cozumel's C-53 wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice work, I shot one myself there Saturday and hope to have it up soon. Yours is really nice.

great video thanks for sharing.

Nice video. How deep are you ? Are you using lights / filters?

thanks everybody! Yes, I used lights on the prop and inside the wreck, the Ikelite 100w Pro-3 light system... Ikelite Pro Video-Lite 3
I did like the color when using it on the prop, under ledges, etc. however I didn't like the way it dragged in the water on drift dives and how hard it was to hold the camcorder level (wanted to tip forward). It didn't work at all for night dives, which was the main reason I bought it. The light was just too bright! It didn't leave a hotspot or anything like that, but it was so bright it was light daytime, scared the fish, and generally annoyed everyone else in water. I think the 50w bulb would have worked better for night dives.... but that 100w worked great on the reefs during daytime. So I am a bit torn as to how much I like the light system. :(

I am still working on 3 more videos right now, plus I will do one "Best of Cozumel" video after. Uggghhh, gotta get to work!

I hope everyone enjoyed the wreck video... it was tough diving with a group, having to follow-the-leader and still shoot and also enjoy the dive. I would have liked to go back and solo dive on the exterior a whole dive. I really don't think I did it justice.

robin:D

Hi Robin.

I wouldn't give up on your lights. Just change to a 50w bulb for night dives. For night dives I use my flashlight as I dive and only turn on my video lights when recording.

thanks, yeah, I am debating back and forth. I think if I had the new flex-arm it would help. The old arm I have it annoying part, very stiff and you have to use two hands to loosen it (ball joints). Maybe I will order the flex-arm and a 50w bulb and try them out. Also, with the light and battery, the rig is now negative rather than neutral. Just a different feel underwater overall with the light rig.
when I post the next video (rendering right now) you can see the difference on the reefs with red filter/color correction post production vs light. I am really impressed with quality I got both ways...

robin:D

Back
Top Bottom