video editing program recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Movie Maker can't import .mov files. So you'd need to convert them first. Super can do that and it's free also.

Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum, Pinnacle Studio HD or Ultimate or Adobe Premiere Elements are all >$100 either on their websites or online. All three import .mov files.

If you like and buy Elements by 11/30 there's a $50 off deal on the Adobe website.

+1 for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

I am using Video Studio Pro X3. It is a solid program but does have some bugs. I find that in these programs they all have some little bugs. If you are going to edit blu ray and burn to blu ray make sure your cpu is up to the task. It takes a lot of machine to do this complicated process. While I like VS Pro, i am thinking of checking out Vegas. By the way you can get VS Pro X3 for about $40.

If you are going to edit blu ray and burn to blu ray make sure your cpu is up to the task. It takes a lot of machine to do this complicated process.

what sort of specification is required to edit and burn to blu ray?

Multiple core cpu with at least 2 gigs of memory, more like 4 gigs. large hard drive, recommend 7500 spin rate. A very good video card with at least 256 dedicated memory. A blu ray burner. And a High def monitor.

Multiple core cpu with at least 2 gigs of memory, more like 4 gigs. large hard drive, recommend 7500 spin rate. A very good video card with at least 256 dedicated memory. A blu ray burner. And a High def monitor.

Question. What does the video card have to do with it? I should have enough puter, but don't know about the video card.

Just a note. You can get Video Studeo Pro X3 from Amazon.com for $30+ shipping. I have it ordered. Actually it's Tiger Direct. What bugs have you found? PM works if you don't want to clutter up the thread.

MPEG Streamclip is a free app that you can download. It does a great job with any format and you can export each clip in any codec of your choosing. The app is bug free and a great many editors use it. Sony NLEs are not the best and if I were on a PC then I would suggest getting Edius or CS5 Premier Pro.
Steve

You can get "Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 Suite" for $79.99 right now from Amazon and that's what I'm currently using and I really like it.

I use Pinnacle Studio. It's a good all around prog. I've used the vegas studio in the past and liked it too.

I've used Pinnacle for several years for standard def editing/production. I recently upgraded to a new Sony HD camera, & so upgraded to the Pinnacle HD studio. The program works fairly smoothly, although after working up a project to 15 minutes or more, there is a lot of clocking going on & I just have to be patient - it hasn't crashed yet however. I have a quad processed PC w/ 4 gig memory & a big n' fast hard drive. To answer one poster's question: why do I need a bigger dedicated graphics card? I believe it's to just free up your very active RAM - AVCHD files are huge, & besides, Pinnicle specifically recommends @ least 256 (I upgraded to a 512...). I'm not sure about the other programs, but this one offers many formats to produce your video - like AVCHD as well as Blu-Ray. When your ouput choice is clicked, an info window opens indicating the percent quality you'll get - interesting that AVCHD output (which can be burned on a DVD) is 100%, where as Blu-Ray is around, as I recall, 90%. I've been burning AVCHD, & when played on the Blu-Ray player (I believe most will play this format?), even a 58" plasma TV displays stunning HD quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom