Video Editing Software Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a post I made for another thread.

You can try to use the 3 way color corrector in Premiere Elements. Open your clip in Premier Elements. Go to Expert Mode. Select Effects on the bottom tool bar. Select Advanced Effects. You should get a panel with an effect called color correction. Select that. You then will get a panel with a 3 way color corrector option. Click on the option and drag it onto your clip in the bottom frame (timeline). Scroll in your clip to to a frame where you see both sand and another diver in a black wet suit. Once you do that, select the clip in the timeline and select applied effects in the memu bar on the right side. Three way color corrector should be listed. Select that. The 3 way corrector allows you to tell elements what should be white, what should be black, and what should be grey. You can expand each area to make the adjustment. For black, expand the shadows (black) area of the color corrector and you will see an eye dropper. Click the eyedropper and then click the eyedropper tool on the diver's, black wet suit. You can do the same thing using the highlights (white) tool and the sandy bottom. More help is available if you search premier elements color correction on line.

I was trying premier elements for a few days on my mac
It was crashing so much that I removed it
The three way color correction is so subtle you can barely see the effect
The rgb controls and the temperature are instead adequate
But the software is a pain on a mac hopefully the PC version is better

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Currently I have the adobe premium and the adobe after effects, however i have issues with these software its not running in realtime, probably because im using a 2011 13 inch mbp which isnt good enough for video editing.. any recommendation?

Im trying to use final cut pro but i read that the videos have to be converted first..

Because i did not use any filter for my gopro, I need a editing software like the adobe after effects where the colour can be corrected.

Cheers for helping!

I'm editing video on an old 2007 MBP with 3 gigs of ram with Final Cut Pro 7. You computer likely has better specs than mine, here is how I get it all to work.

1. I use a 2TB G-Drive 7200rpm external HD to store my media on as well as my scratch disk. You do not want to watch/edit videos stored on the same drive as you OS. I use FW800 with good results. I'm not sure if your MBP has usb 3.0, but if it does get a HD that suports that.

2. Convert all mp4 files to Apple ProRes 422 before editing, or watching really. Uncompressing these files will make it easier for your computer to render the content. Also, ProRes is considered a loss-less codec, so don't worry about losing quality. You will need a large external drive for this as the files can become huge after the conversion.

3. To convert the files you will need some software. I use MPEG Streamclip and like it well enough.

This is what works for me, and I don't see any reason it wouldn't for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom