Video Editing Software Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is anyone using Adobe Premiere Elements? I'm really just looking to cut clips out, put those together with some music and do color editing (I will be buying lights eventually). I've already handed Adobe a ton of $$$ for my Photoshop and Lightroom programs, I really don't need to be spending $500-$700 for another program and Amazon has Elements for $64.

Hi guys,

Currently I have the adobe premium and the adobe after effects, however i have issues with these software its not running in realtime, probably because im using a 2011 13 inch mbp which isnt good enough for video editing.. any recommendation?

Im trying to use final cut pro but i read that the videos have to be converted first..

Because i did not use any filter for my gopro, I need a editing software like the adobe after effects where the colour can be corrected.

Cheers for helping!

For what I'm doing, I find Camtasia very easy to use. Here's a video I made with it:

Lauderdale By The Sea.mp4 - YouTube

Over the years, I have bought and used just about ever popular Windows platform editor out there. And you know what? As far as being able to take native .mp4 GoPro files and allow working with them in a Project, there is nothing better IMNSHO than one of most least expensive. And that's the AVS4You Video Editor that's a part of 17 other great AV and system utilities, all in a Suite for the back-breaking price of $49 (Lifetime Subscription). You can forget about having to use that stupid Cineform ever again. The editor as a bunch of transitions, effects, speeds and all the other stuff that you would expect in a $500 editor. Also, I am unaware of any other editor that has as many choices of rendering ("Produce") options as AVS does: AVS4YOU® Best multimedia software on today's market. You can go here to another ScubaBoard post and get the link for "Video Example #4" so all y'all can see what a rendered file can look like using the AVS Editor: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/428072-information-about-gopro-lighting.html If anyone is using this and wants the Editor's Color Correction values that I have figured out for BluRay and YouTube rendering (as well as other streaming sites), just PM.
My .02 worth anyway.
Crazy Jack :lam:

Over the years, I have bought and used just about ever popular Windows platform editor out there. And you know what? As far as being able to take native .mp4 GoPro files and allow working with them in a Project, there is nothing better IMNSHO than one of most least expensive. And that's the AVS4You Video Editor that's a part of 17 other great AV and system utilities, all in a Suite for the back-breaking price of $49 (Lifetime Subscription). You can forget about having to use that stupid Cineform ever again. The editor as a bunch of transitions, effects, speeds and all the other stuff that you would expect in a $500 editor. Also, I am unaware of any other editor that has as many choices of rendering ("Produce") options as AVS does: AVS4YOU® Best multimedia software on today's market. You can go here to another ScubaBoard post and get the link for "Video Example #4" so all y'all can see what a rendered file can look like using the AVS Editor: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gopro-video/428072-information-about-gopro-lighting.html If anyone is using this and wants the Editor's Color Correction values that I have figured out for BluRay and YouTube rendering (as well as other streaming sites), just PM.
My .02 worth anyway.
Crazy Jack :lam:

I get that you have a solution that may be great for low budget go pro shooters, but to say Cineform is "stupid"....is, well, a bit strange considering the pro work being done with it that eclipses the standard codecs. Is your avs editor even converting to 4-2-2 color space? This is a big issue for underwater, particularly when you have very light, and very dark, with spectacular colors in the shot.....By up-converting to 4-2-2 color space, when you "fix" the areas that are too dark, or too light, and white balance and get everything as realistic as possible, the 4-2-2 color space allows you much more gradations to make the changes result with the look you need.
Even when you downconvert back to a relatively low res format like a Youtube Mp4 Video, programs like Sorrenson Squeeze are able to hold the majority of the effects your color editing produced in 4-2-2....It will mean adding some filters, like the black restore that needs to be changed, but the point is...if you capture something awesome with a go pro, there is a Cineform solution that will allow you to make it "better".

Dan: As to 4:2:2, Yes it is available as an option. MediaInfo reads it as the Chroma Subsampling Valve. You can choose it under the "Advanced" tab in different rendering options. My point being that anytime you have to re-render (which is what Cineform is doing to get to AVI's), you are going to loose some quality. I would just prefer to be able to work with native files to begin with.

But the main reason I called Cineform "stupid" is how it installed; i.e setting up as a TSR program and running as a full time Windows Service when it might not be needed all the time. As a user, I'd like to make those decisions myself.

There is now doubt that you are a high-end user who knows what they are doing, so let's amend my post and state that "If You Are Just Getting Into Editing, You Can't Beat the AVS Editor." Whenever I see a post where the OP is asking, "what video editor should I get?" and they seem new to this stuff, I have to assume that they are really not going to be worrying about color space, bit depth and that sort of thing.

Jack

Adobe Premiere and After Effects can be a pain to deal with. I had tons of problems trying to use them over the years. Once I upgraded to 16 gigs of ram it took away a lot of the problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom