Video housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDownAZ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Made a housing for our trip to Cozumel. Made my first dive with it yesterday was very happy with the performance.

P6180072.jpg

P6180070.jpg

Congratulations on completing the DIY project. The result looks pretty. What kind of the control did you use, is it rotary or push, did you make it yourself? Type of the o-ring? What was the maximum depth that you've tested it? Why there is a blur spot in the left top corner of the frame? What camcorder is that and how did it come out in terms of buoyancy and weight balance? How thick is the lexan wall on lid? Is it one piece or a sandwich?

Congratulations on completing the DIY project. The result looks pretty. What kind of the control did you use, is it rotary or push, did you make it yourself? Type of the o-ring? What was the maximum depth that you've tested it? Why there is a blur spot in the left top corner of the frame? What camcorder is that and how did it come out in terms of buoyancy and weight balance? How thick is the lexan wall on lid? Is it one piece or a sandwich?

What kind of the control did you use, is it rotary or push,. push button, the knob just makes it more comfortable.

did you make it yourself? yes 1/4 " stainless round stock drilled 1/8 for 3/32 welding rod epoxyed in the hole.

What was the maximum depth that you've tested it? I have had it to 90 feet.

Why there is a blur spot in the left top corner of the frame? my original model was made with standard white pvc when I swhitched to clear I didn't notice the inside diameter is slightly smaller so my jig was off. This caused me to sand the front lens down to fit. The heat from sanding caused some defects in the surface of the lens. I didn't notice until we got down to cozumel when I removed the protective paper.

What camcorder is that and how did it come out in terms of buoyancy and weight balance? It is about 8oz positive with the front being more positive so when I get home I will make a weight to make it more nuetral/balanced. The camcorder is a samsung smx-f33

How thick is the lexan wall on lid? Is it one piece or a sandwich? The front is 1/2 lexan the back is 3/4 arcylic. I think you are asking about the back. it is one piece with the oring groove cut to fit a -337 or 338 oringdon't have my notes handy so i'm not sure which I wound up using the push button uses a -006 and is spring returned.

It was kind of a rush project due to various reasons so I will be remaking it when we get home with some of my lessons learned.

We just finished our trip to Cozumel. The housing had 7 dives with a max depth of 110feet. I would like to say it worked flawlessly. It didn't leak so that is a plus. The failures were all minor and fixable on site.

My biggest complaints about the system is I needed a wide angle lens, a ur pro filter and a better handle system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom