Video Lighting Set for GoPro Hero HD camera !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you out of stock? I see it says to "preorder".

Looks like you might want to attach a flat lens fix and post another video both with and without the light on, so we can get a good comparison.

Ordered Jan 15, still on back order. I'll post a review once I get mine in the water.

Ordered Jan 15, still on back order. I'll post a review once I get mine in the water.

Looking forward to it, Mike. I think I'll wait until your review to place my order.

Safe dives,

Cyp

I was looking at purchasing this rig, but did it go from less than $400 to $499 in the last month or two?

I've been watching it also, and yes it seems that way. I don't even know if they are actively shipping. This thread hasn't heard from the reseller in a while.

The initial price was an introductory price, and it did go up. I snoozed and paid more. They are still on back order as sales far outpaced their expectations. They have communicated with me nicely while I've been waiting, but hope they come in soon!

Yeahhh baby! Just got mine today.
I was waiting little bit more than four weeks but it was definitely worth every day of it.
I had quite few different pieces of GoPro lighting in my hand before but this one really rocks.
Things that have caught my attention when out of the box are high quality of every piece, machined to perfection,
lights look and feel solid as rock plus outstanding amount of light from these really mini lights (if compared to other available)

Can't wait to dive it.
Will share my opinion also after first dives.

Hi guys, I do apologize for not being active here lately but we have unbelievably busy schedule doing demos, shooting videos, bringing new stuff to the store etc, if it comes to the GoPro I will be honest ...
there still is a line for it and we're not happy with waiting time but from the other point of view there must be something that creates the huge popularity of these sets right ? For those willing to wait a bit it will definitely pay off, and if at any point of waiting time you decide to quit your refund will be made quicker than you can set up your equipment to dive :wink:

Hope to see some of you at the local dive sites,
TecDiveGear.com

Got mine just in time for my Fiji trip. Worked great! The goodman handle makes it very easy to use. I bought some 8" extension arms and since the lights are on ball joints (a very nice feature) it was a breeze to add them. I'm not sure the lumen output is all that is claimed but it is a spread pattern so you don't get the center circle hot spot of a regular video light. I also did not get to cycle the batteries before I left so I am not sure I was getting a full burn from them. My only other comment (really a complaint) is that the lights will not use all 18650 batteries. I have some 3000 Mah Ultrafire BRC 18650 batteries that are just slightly larger than the supplied 3800 mAh LC 18650 Ultrafires. I had planned on using them as back ups, but they will not fit in the lights. Even the supplied batteries are a very snug fit. The BRC 18650 is noted as being bigger, but the lights should have been made to accommodate both sizes in my opinion.

I used the lights with a red filter in a Snake River housing and the colors are amazing. I'll edit some video and post it here.

Back
Top Bottom