Video of my first chamber ride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that I can see the whole video, ya right.

It was shot in the basement of the Marine Science building at UCONN Avery Point. The chamber has been there a few years but I don't think it is opperational unless the diving safety officer brought it on-line in the last few months. In the same building is the Northeast office of the National Underwater Research Center (NURC) who have done some great ROV work on wrecks such as the USS O-9 and the Steamboat Portland. Fir a FYI, the Coast Guard North Atlantic Ice Service is in the building next door. This is the Ice watch that was started after the Titanic went down.

But seriously, in the Southern New England area we have a few Plexiglas mono chambers at two or three hospitals and all they can do is that you down to 60' on 100% O2. But the US Submarine base at Groton-New London has at least one large chamber on line at all times. If you have a problem and DAN or anyone else sends you to the small ones at the hospitals, ask if they have called Bends Watch at the sub base.

By the way, the china looks like Steamboat Metis Trash.

Pete Johnson

Yes, for being bent, Bill was acting quite bubbly. Good to see he made it as the Adventures of One-Flipper will continue. For Bill to get bent, I'm assuming, it had to be a great dive.

Gotta be one of the stupidist videos I've seen in a while. Who do I send the bill to for my lost 4 min.?

I have seen at least one other silly video these guys pulled together.....nice boat though.

You guys have to much time on your hands. Seems like a lot of efort to make a silly video. What ship wreck was that in the video?

Such anger and negativity...

For the record, I was a little entertained! :D

I havent checked this site out in a while a friend of mine called and told me to watch this video. I can see how some of you might think its not funny. My friend took a chamber ride and it was nothing to joke about. But that being said It seems like this video was just some guys having fun. I dont see any harm in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom